Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this epi clutch kit part# We391030 for my grizzly with the big tires 26" itp mud lights. The guy told me they where out of the big tire clutch kits but he said he'd look and he came back with this one part# We391030 So anyways i bought it took it home and was thinking about this a week ago i looked at this kit and it looked like it had more in it like an extra big spring and the weights looked thicker. I got a big blue spring 5 little red springs and weights that measure .650 thick with my dial indicater. Does anyone know about these kits and could you tell me if what i got is right. please help im lost.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well the big blue spring is for the secondary sheave, the five little springs are for the internal wet clutch, and the weights go in the primary sheave. The whole kit is designed to work together. The five little springs will delay the engagement of your clutch until you reach a little higher rpm then the large spring and weights work together to change your shift out ratio. Before installing the kit make sure you have a new gasket available to replace the one that seals the wet clutch cover. You will have to drain the oil for this so have oil on hand also. Also if you do not have the proper tool to remove the large spring from the secondary sheave DO NOT DO IT, take it to your dealer and have them change the spring on the sheave for you.

As far as that being a good number I can't tell you. I assume if you bought it from EPI it is correct because that is their business. If you bought it somehwere else I would suggest calling EPI and asking if they can reference that number.

When I went to the 26" tires I installed the Dalton clutch kit, which is a little cheaper. It is less because they do not include the wet clutch springs and I did not want them anyway. I like my enganement rpm fine the way it is. Either kit is good any you will be happy with the improvement over stock when running the larger tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted to know that if this clutch kit is for the big tires or the one for stock tires i told them that i was going bigger tires yet next year 28' or larger and the big bore kit and the rapter cam. So i need the clutch kit that will perform the best. but i think they screwed me because last week i looked at this same kit and the weights looked thicker. and i thought there was another big spring that was red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts