Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. I just got my new Grizz SE and I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the paint. I'm hoping not as its just too sweet a finish to be flaking.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with the SE plastics. It was only the silver 2002's where they had a paint flaking issue. Congrats on your new ride!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Welcome aboard TPA50,

Hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you will enjoy the Grizz.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have the 05 S.E as well and i haven't had any problems with the paint. I only have a 115k's on it though. I have some good scuff marks but they didn't cause the paint to peel.........Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Welcome to the site!

My wife has the 04 limited and as far as flaking goes, not a problem and she too has a few scratches on it. I have gone to my local dealer and they ordered up some touch up paint for it which seems to match real well.

Enjoy your new ride!

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just picked up an '06 SE on Friday and a few hours ago I took the side access panel off to do a visual and noticed the carbon fiber overlay is starting to pull up around the edges. I bet I could pull it right off if I tried. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Cowchip, I would take them back to the dealer and see if you get new ones? My paint and side panels are holding up good. I just checked my side panels and I have no peeling to speak of. Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to take both sides off and take them in. It's not visable....yet, because it's happening on the rolled edges where the overlay ends. I'm worried about the rest of the panels that have this too (hood). If a small scratch occurs, what's to stop it from completely coming off? From what I see it's not adhered very good at all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I inspected the right side panel and it looks great with no signs that it could pull off at all. I took the bad panel to the dealer and they are getting me a new one.....$200+ for that fancy piece of plastic!! Glad warranty is taking care of it. I told them I'll keep my old one for a spare if they let me for that price! I'm sure Yamaha will want it back.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Good news Cowchip, I am glad they came through for you. I am not sure Yamaha would want it back but I am guessing your dealer will???......Irv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts