Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to get a more sporty bike this spring (no way im getting rid of the grizz),somyhing i can get a little squirly on,and was at first thinking of the Raptor 700,,,but the more i thought about it,the more pictures filled my head of being in traction in a hospital bed

so i figured on a sport utility like the scrambler,but then i heard they were morphing the Wolvy into a sport utility,but to be honost,everyone who has test drove the new wolvy was left disapointed,and said the 500 scrambler would have it for lunch

they said all yamaha did was basically put a sport body on the bike,and made it slower

has anyone else learned anything about the new wolverine?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
To bad you did not live closer would sell you my Raptor...lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol,,i think i would hurt myself X,,,i'm getting to the age where taking a spill doesnt shake off to easy anymore,,also too many years banging nails,has pretty much left me a walking invalid,lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive been thinking the same thing and I am thinking about the new polaris with rear independant suspension. I rode the Rapter 700 and its so much better than the 660 but the power is just insane

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've never been a big fan of the Wolvy. At least now you can pick 2 or 4wd. However can't get the max from an underpowered bike d/t an "automatic clutch". I like the gearing but would really appreciate the manual clutch. I'm not a fan of an automatic in sport anything (rode 2-wheeled bikes for years). I like the idea of the IRS sport bike Polaris came out with. Haven't seen in person but pics look real good, too. Too bad they don't put 4wd in that. There's just too much mud to pass up (2wd). Good luck to you.

How 'bouts a nice middle of the road Warrior? you can get them for next to nothing (used) here in Michigan and it kills both birds (without the 4wd, though).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive pretty much made my mind up about the scrambler 500,,,my best friends ole lady has one,and ive ridden it on several ocasions,and stock its pretty gutsy,but with a few minor mods like intake,a decent pipe,and trash the stock treads,it would probably be perfect,and i'd still have the 4x4

i thought about the Outlaw too,but i'd rather wait until they work the bugs out,,,that bike does get you thinking,,,my buddy wants one in the worse way,and i dont wanna burst his bubble by getting it first,,,i really think the Scrammy is what i need

as far as the Warrior,im not much on buying used bikes anymore,it doesnt make sense to me to get a bike that has been rode hard by someone else,coupled with the not knowing of how well the maintinance was kept,frquent oil changes,ect,ect,,,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 Wolverine and I think its great. It handles really well, has plenty of power and is way lighter than a scrambler. If you add a pipe, jet kit and UNI filter it really moves. I ride with people with Polaris scramblers, and sportsman 500's and 600's and I can cook them on the trails. They may have higher top speeds but I get up to speed faster and the Wolverine way out handles them.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
My wife has an 06 Wolvy 450 and it is a really nice quad,it's geared middle of the road,tops out about 50 mph,but honestly how often are you somewhere where you can go that fast? most trail riding is done from 5 to 30 mph and the Wolvy is a blast in that area. I'm a big fan of Yamah they are simple and tough and relatively problem free,if there is a problem they are way easier to work on than a polaris,that said my buddy has a 500 scrambler and he's had it 6 years and never done a thing to it maint wise and not had one problem,I have another buddy with an old 2 stroke 400 Scrambler and it's broke more often than not.

Riding the Wolvy it feels really light and tossable,it's a fun bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts