Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I‘m searching for info on what I think is an oil leak coming from the rear driveshaft seal ( where it exits the rear of the engine or what may be considered the transfer case). I started noticing an oil stain under my grizzly, it seems to be dripping from what I believe is a dust cover/boot that covers the rear driveshaft. It appears to be quite a job, just to access the seal. I‘m looking for advice from anyone that’s replaced this seal on this old of a machine. Biggest question is, can be replaced from the outside of the engine/transfer case? I’m pretty sure most of the axle assembly will need to be removed for access.
Thanks for any help you can offer,

mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, I‘m searching for info on what I think is an oil leak coming from the rear driveshaft seal ( where it exits the rear of the engine or what may be considered the transfer case). I started noticing an oil stain under my grizzly, it seems to be dripping from what I believe is a dust cover/boot that covers the rear driveshaft. It appears to be quite a job, just to access the seal. I‘m looking for advice from anyone that’s replaced this seal on this old of a machine. Biggest question is, can be replaced from the outside of the engine/transfer case? I’m pretty sure most of the axle assembly will need to be removed for access.
Thanks for any help you can offer,

mike
You could do what I did... I took it into a shop and let them replace the seal. Cost me 175 bucks and worth every penny of it. Sorry I can't help you but good luck. ponytailbill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For now I’m going with a drip pan, until/unless it gets much worse.
Ponytailbill, that sounds very reasonable ($175) around here no one even wants to work on a machine as old as mine. I may pull it into the show this winter, and tear into it.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts