Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding over the wekend in water and mud. I had the belt slip! Anyone have any mods to get the breather higher on the bike, or to get a full time drain, easier than removing the 12mm belt drain bolt?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would think a small tube with 12mm threads on one end with a one way valve on the other would work...but a better solution would be to snorkel the pipes that are under the front and rear racks for the tranny...

I didn't realize it was a bolt...on mine I found a black plastic peice that you can remove and it has a very thin long plastic peice that goes into the tranny and at the end of that plastic peice it turns 90 degrees and goes for about 4mm...I thought this was the water drain...I removed it and saw nothing come out...umm...what is it that I removed (i did of course put it back)...now I am VERY courious what that was and moreover, where is the correct drain plug you are refering to...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Marine,
That was the drain for the tranny. It is on the right side just above the floor board. I have used it often. If you are in the water a lot, snorkle is the way to go. There are a few good ideas over at ATV Frontier. I can't believe the 02 needs a wrench to drain. What a PITA! The plug system is quick and easy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the 02 model doesnt have a bolt to drain the tranny. it has the plug on the right side above the floorboard. it pulls out with your fingers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts