Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again all
just traded my 2004 model with 800 hours and 11000 kays on a new 06 limited model. Have there been any changes or improvements made to the new one? I was so happy with my old one that I didn't ask the salesman I just traded over. I figured they wouldn,t go backwards.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Couldn't tell u about any changes, I'm going to pick up my new 06' Monday morning. Can't hardly wait, hope it turns out to be a good investment...

·
Registered
382 Posts
everytime you folks from down under submit a post all I can think about is how much I miss my FJ40 Land Cruiser...I know you guys got plenty of em hanging around!

cant help ya with your question, just know I love my '06.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't think there are changes between the two years unless it is something internal in the engine? I believe they haven't changed much since 02 other than some upgrades due to boiling gas in 02 and weaker axles in 03. I think 04's, 05's and 06's are all the same other than colors on the S.E or L.E....Irv

·
Registered
81 Posts
i dont own a grizz... yet not for another 4-5 months. but of what i can see and have heard/read they havent changed much. their like the banshee its been around a long time but no changes. im also excited to get mine but im not picking one up monday either.... but i gotta call my cousin in red deer to line up a job on the rigs and i think i will try calling some dealers there too and get a line on an 06 SE. hey irv is your 05 grizz SE black? i like the black on the grizz it makes it look tougher than green. so i was going to get a green one but im now going with black.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're going with the '06SE, they are gray metallic with carbon fiber side panels and hood. Red shock springs too. Never saw the '05 black one but those candy red SE's were sweet too.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Click on "URL" at the bottom of my post and you will see my pics of my Black S.E. Hope you like it? My dad has the 05 Kodiak S.E., you can see it in there as well.........Irv

·
Registered
81 Posts
hmm i'd like a black one. im not overly fond of the grey metallic ones. but the red metallic's are nice too. does the black come in the regular grizz? like not the LE or SE.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey irv- if you visit atvnation.com they have a "nation" ride every year. and my friend and i are going next year(2007) its 2358.94 miles to the kentucky oak mall from my house which is a 36 hour drive. but i dont think it will take me that long. i'll be alberta but i gotta come back to BC to pick up my friend and his quad and i think you should come with us. not sure where it is exactly though. atvnation.com will announce it after this years ride. we could meet up somewhere like michigan or something around there and drive together. there's usually about 50+ riders i believe. i've never been to one but heard they are awesome... just a thought for you. oh and nice pics.. just browsing through your albums now...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Just remember the black scratches very easy.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have to disagree Starky, mine doesn't scratch any easier than the rest of them, they may show the scratches a bit more due to the color but they don't scratch any easier. I was worried when I bought it about the primer or what ever was under the paint showing through when it gets scratched but the color is all the way through the plastic. Thanks for the invite NFG, but you are just to far away for me to adventure out that way, sounds like fun though!....Irv

·
Registered
81 Posts
oh ya i forgot that its not here in BC.... its somewhere in eastern states. sorry forgot about that. so its a helluva closer for you than me.... anyhoo think about it. and the invite is still there if you wish to come. it wont be till 07. i mapquested Oshawa from here (salmon arm BC) and its 2600 miles.... wow i thought it was closer than 2358 miles, but i guess not. because if it was i would drive to Oshawa and we could hook up but its a little far for me to drive 2600 miles plus from ontario to the states. my friend and i are going to make it in 2 days its a 41 hour trip. the 36 hours i was talking about is only to kentucky oak mall in kentucky. so really its closer for you than me... well obviously. im only going because i've always wanted to ride in eastern states and i've never ridden in a group bigger than like 4 people for an actual trail ride. anyhoo...

·
Registered
185 Posts
From the things I have read on here and the net... The 06 has a different piston and wrist pin and butterfly style carb versus a CV slide carb on earlier machines. Oh, and they do have different key switches. I tried using my friends 05 key and it wouldnt fit my machine...

·
Registered
81 Posts
im not buying this thing to keep it in mint condition and not ride it. im buying this thing so i can sink it in some water and have it stay running, unlike my suzuki that likes to suck water in the carb. and im going to be thrashing it around in the bush but baby sitting it too. if your worried about scratches on a quad.... then maybe you shouldnt be riding one... just my .02. jesus have you seen my my plastics on my suzuki? i'll take a pic of the front right fender right now and upload it to my profile.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for the pic, That must be a new release? I haven't seen that one before, it looks pretty sharp........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Hey Irv, I meant to say the scratches show up more on the black and not that it actually scratches easier.
I just don't understand paying an extra $200 for shiney black plastic that is going to look worse than the standard colors after the first ride. I do understand paying the extra $200 for camo though.
That Canadian blue Griz is pretty sharp lookin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everybody I'm new to the site,And a new GRIZZLY owner. I agree with NEARFUTUREGRIZZLY, I bought the 06 Blue Silvertip, Ya it's a sharp looking bike,but all I want is to know I bought the most reliable bike out there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts