Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone heard what the new Grizzly is going to bring? I've heard everything from a 700 EFI Single to a 800 EFI twin. I've looked all over the web and still can't find anything out. Just curious, every time I buy something it's only a couple months and the new model is introduced. It has happened with my truck, wife's car, 4 wheeler and boat!

·
Registered
162 Posts
ask irv ...he will know

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Well guys, I don't know if I know anymore than the next guy but everything you are hearing is based on rumor and hope. The most I know is what a Yamaha rep told me back some time ago, he said there was definately a new grizz coming but he didn't what year? He said he has seen plans/engines in the twin variety but also said he didn't know if they were done being developed? We all have to wait until mid June to find out for sure. All this hype, hope and rumor was in full form this time last year as well and they never came out with a new Grizz then, so just keep your fingers crossed that this year will be different. I frequently get Yamaha news letters and there hasn't been any hint of any kind so far. Yamaha is pretty secretive about new releases so I assume when dealers know we will know too?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Yea I think we will all have to be patient and just see what gets released. I just hope if it is new I can hold out and not buy one any time in a few years, my wallet is not up to it. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
extreme I was thinkn the same thing today. Got to go on the first ride today , I let the kids ride mine got me thinking if yamaha came out with a new fuel injected that wouldn't be affected by altitude like mine was today then I could get a new one and let the kids have the old one. Maybe, big dreams though

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
i'll buy any hot one lunger yamaha comes out with but i ant buyin no *** v my $.o2

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Idagrizz I would love to have a EFI one also but the only one thing that would hold me back is the fact that it almost does away with us working on them if something goes wrong. The days of a clog jet or a fould plug on the trail and you either limp it back to camp or work on it there I think will be over. Its going to be like our cars, tow it back to the dealer and have him run the codes and pray it not $$$. LOL but maybe im wrong and who knowes when the new grizz finally comes out im sure I will have my nose up against the glass at the showroom wanting one. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like the V-twin engines. If Yamaha builds one I'll be the first to order one even though it will be a first year model. If you ever rode a BF750 or bomb 800 you would have a differing opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I'm happy with what I have. Expecially since I have only about 2 tanks of gas thru it in the past year and a half. Besides, momma says the Griz rips with the new parts in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was at a dealers showroom last week looking at a new 2006 Griz. I commented
to the dealer that I was waiting for the June 12 release of the 2007 machines.
He claimed there would be little difference this year. I told him to my
knowledge that actually no one knows for sure until the release. He claimed
that the dealers have an inside scoop that they know a little more but aren't
able to tell customers. I think he is full of crap. Any comments

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I agree, he is full of crap. He is more than likely afraid that he will get stuck with some 06's if the new ones do come out? Can't say I blame him, I probably wouldn't want to be stuck with old inventory either but that is the way it goes........Irv (P.S. Welcome to the site Downeaster)

·
Registered
55 Posts
In my country, the Yamaha dealer is expecting the new one in July, which is normal if the release will be in June.
My personnal opinion, I will stick to my Griz 660, since i never needed more of what I already have, and I trust this machine that proved it self in the last few years. You don't know what to expect in a whole new designed one (engine and body). Defaults, bugs, recals...who knows !!
Just my 2 cents.
Elie

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
dito elie

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I heard they were bringing out a Wolverine with the raptor 700 EFI motor!
That would compete straight on with the Can-Am Renegade 800.

Who knows???? lets wait and see!!!!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
The Renegade is IRS, though, so unless they make the Wolverine 800 IRS, it won't be a direct competition.

Dealers rarely know more than the customer unless they've been to the dealer show. And I think the manufacturers time the dealer show to be the weekend prior to release, because they know the dealers won't keep their mouths shut. :)

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I never did understand why Yamaha feels the need to keep it a secret for so long expecially if they make a lot of changes to a model like they did with the Raptor. I know 2 guys that bought Kawasakis that probably would have held out for the Raptor had they known a little sooner what was coming out.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
They don't want to tell because the dealer and Yamaha will be stuck with old stock, I don't think they could do it any different as they sell lots of bikes, quads, motorcycles etc. It is just their way of doing business. I think most manufacturers are the same way or at least they would like to be like Yamaha in keeping things secretive?......Irv

·
Registered
234 Posts
well its only two weeks or so and we'll all know. man i hope they dont mess with the grizz and instead bring out a "new" bigger bike. the grizz is a sweet setup and it would be a shame to mess it up.im not against bigger bikes just give it a new platform.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with you grizzlybrian but feel that the Grizzly would benefit from the 700 raptor engine and heavier axles as well as a new 800 cc Grizzly.I have rode a King Quad 700 and it was a blast and think that the 686 would be a great combo.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts