Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my cooling light come on randomly couple times so I started doing some troubleshooting. Normally when i turn the key on, the coolant temp light comes on and turns off (I guess it's some sort of test). It doesn't do that anymore.. Following the factory service manual, it says to check to see if light bulb is working and if it is (which it is) to then replace the "coolant temperature warning light controller". Does anyone know where this is located I looked everywhere on the ATV and can't find it. I Also tried to unplug the wire from the sensor on cylinder head and light does not illuminate. This wire (green / blue) does go into the above referenced controller according to the wiring diagrams. So I'm thinking this controller is my problem. Unfortunately I can't find it or even a part number for it, or even anything on any forums about it.

I tested to see if coolant is flowing and it seems to be working. Fan kicks in when it gets a little over 200 degrees and you can measure the temp at water pump and it does go down once the fan kicks in so I assume the coolant is circulating.

Lastly, i can't find any info on coolant flow direction. Does it flow from thermostat to top of radiator then out the bottom hose into the water pump? or is it opposite?

Thank you in adavance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a follow up to document what I’ve done so other people in the future having the same issues can see where this part is.

The part is located next to steering shaft on right side. There is a 8mm bolt holding it on.

I tested for continuity between the controller harness and indicator lamp (grey wire), ground and frame (black), controller harness and temp sensor on head (blue/green) and harness to ignition fuse (brown). All had continuity so my wiring is intact and all issues now point to that coolant warning light controller. Part number 1SC-H5830-10-00. $80 part. I ordered it and will report back if it worked.

still haven’t figured out coolant flow. I’m guessing it exits block threw thermostat, goes to into lower radiator hose and out of upper hose to water pump. Anyone know if that’s correct?

I attached pics of the part.

Finger Input device Automotive tire Engineering Gadget

Circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware Cable Electronic engineering

1 - 2 of 2 Posts