Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

2014 Grizzly 350 2wd starting problem

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Longdan 
#1 ·
2014 Grizzly 350 2wd

Ok. Here's what I've got. I've put in a new battery, replace starter relay and I get a buzzing sound from the relay. So I pulled the starter checked to see if was locked up and I can spin it by hand. So I cleaned all connections and same thing. Just a buzz. No blown fuses so I'm lost.

Any suggestions on what it might be?

#3 ·
Yeah man,even though you've kicked my ass in the motocross game weve been playing and because I too have a 350 grizzly 2wd drive .my mechanic has done everything just as you have .check all your grounds and check that there is sufficient resistance in-between wiring connections ,check for blackened wires or corded/or broken wires .if your problem still persist then check that your starter switch is is working properly connect using a testlight your alligator clip to a good ground location trace the possitive wire from your battery that has a full chargeto your ignition switch to see I've it has a good bright light by using your probe"you can also check your your ground wires in this same manor by clipping onto any ground and simply touching your probe to the hot side of your battery make sure you check ALL GROUNDS! IF EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT THEN CHECK THE START BUTTON OR SWITCH .TAKE IT OFF CLEAN INSPECT CONNECTIONS AND AGAIN CHECK FOR PROPER CONTINUITY BOTH AT WIRE CONNECTING POINTS"...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY 12 VOLT?THE RELAY COULD BE YOUR CULPRIT BUT I DOUBT IT .AGAIN IF YOU SEE ANY BURNT WIRES REPLACE THEM ACCORDINGLY TO MANUFACTURERS SPECS.ALSI MAKE SURE YOUR QUAD IS IN NUTRALAND BRAKE LEVER PULLED IN.SEE YOU ON THE TRACK.BY THE WAY...THE REASON I CHOSE YOU TO RACE ?MY DOGS NAME IS "GAGE RUNNER" -DMFK68!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.