Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ! I am new here and am having trouble with my eps light on and no power steering , it only has about 200 miles on it . I have checked all the fuses that I can find and they are all good but none of them say eps ? not sure if there is more then 1 fuse box or not . I also checked relays as well they seem to be working . These all were found under the front rack . I used a test light and with engine running I was getting power to the eps conrol box green large wire but was not getting power from the red wire down to the power steering . Not sure if that means the control box is bad or is there something inside the control box that has to be triggered from another sensor to allow power to go through the box . Sorry for the rough description ! Any Ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone ! I am new here and am having trouble with my eps light on and no power steering , it only has about 200 miles on it . I have checked all the fuses that I can find and they are all good but none of them say eps ? not sure if there is more then 1 fuse box or not . I also checked relays as well they seem to be working . These all were found under the front rack . I used a test light and with engine running I was getting power to the eps conrol box green large wire but was not getting power from the red wire down to the power steering . Not sure if that means the control box is bad or is there something inside the control box that has to be triggered from another sensor to allow power to go through the box . Sorry for the rough description ! Any Ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!!!! Thanks
Do you have the Yamaha shop manual? If not, I can email you a PDF file 2014-2016 Grizzly 700 manual. I'm sure the answer is in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks C ! No I do not have a shop manual . That would be Greatly appreciated if you do not mind sending it ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks C ! No I do not have a shop manual . That would be Greatly appreciated if you do not mind sending it ?
Send me an email and I will reply with it attached. cewens(at)guninstructor(dot)com Put "Grizzly 700 for the subject line. Just to be certain, for the address, (at) means the @ symbol and (dot) means put a period .

·
Registered
2 Posts
A common problem is the speed sensor located by the dipstick. It often just needs to be cleaned as corrosion can impare good contact. The error code will be 2-1 from the EPS diag . Your new manual can tell you how to diag the EPS unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts