Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great day.

A couple of partners and I spent the better part of a day exploring the trails around Smith Mountain on Lake Martin in Alabama last Wed. Just an awsome variety of trails. From some fairly deep mud to sand dunes beteen the Islands. (We were able to get to 3 different islands. The lake water between them was great for cleaning off the Grizz.) There were also some quite technical trails going up the back side of the mountain. The kind that keep your attention and tighten you up a little...lol

All in all I don't believe I've had a more enjoyable day in a long time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This would make a great camping spot. Its at the base of the mountain, on the lake.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leaving the camp site, this is the crossing to the first of three islands. They drop the lake 10' during the winter months. At full pool the depth between the islands is about 3-4'.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We stoped for lunch on top, Great view here

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking East off of Smith Moutain, the land below is actualy the three islands we were able to hop to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another view of the lake.... Its easy to love this place.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
looks like an awsome place to ride and camp out!! How are you liking your new Black Grizz? I bought one about a month ago and just love it!! thinking about upgrading the tires though? I am leaning towards the 26" Mudlites?...Irv

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Grizzly wont stop amazing me. So far I haven't put it to a task it coulden't handle. I too am thinking of upgrading the tires. Due to the amount of "hard pack" I ride on the mudlite radials are sounding great. Big bucks there. Currently the stock tires do everything I need so I'll most likely wait until their worn out to upgrade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
05blkGrizz,

When I see this pictures I'am beginning to dream. What a nice area where you can ride. Currently in Germany we have snow as you can see...
However, I believe you have had a lot fun last Wed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More pics for doolin,

This photo dosen't give the grade of this hill justis.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another shot looking uphill, Thats my buddy Mike making his way back down the mountain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts