Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there currently running a HMF exhaust? I put a Supertrapp IDSX, re-jetted the carb w/K&N filter and noticed good gains. Recently rode with someone that had an HMF pipe and it was AWESOME. Thinking about going to the HMF full system for my grizzly. Any thoughts. Also, have an aftermarket hi-performance rectifier coming as well. My buddies on the Rincon's are hating it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMO, the HMF offers the most performance gains for the Grizz. I would not trade any other aftermarket pipe for mine.

Unless you have extensive breathing mods, you will notice no difference between the slip-on and the full system. A 686 or greater will notice "some" difference.

Save that extra expense and use it toward other mods.

Don't waste your money on the super duper regulator. You will NOT gain 7% with it. The CDI has yet to be tested in a realworld Grizzly. We are all awaiting the preliminary results of the first batch. There is quite a lengthy topic on this at H/L.

:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Grizzhopper, what jet kit did you use? Is it pretty cut & dry? My grizz is stock right now but, soon I will have either 26" gators or 26" mudlites, (any advice?) and I have decided to go with a hmf pipe because my buddy has a gutless 400 kodiak, he tried a supertrapp, and I'm not too sure he didn't lose power! He also added a clutch kit and rejetted so, I guess he may have done something wrong. Is your hmf real noisy? How much power loss would I be looking at with 26" tires? (obviously less with the mudlites) I hope a pipe will make up for the loss. Thanx, Clint.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I have the IDS-X on my Grizzly too, mainly because it was the first one out for the 660. It's okay, but I won't own another SuperTrapp product having seen how the thing is falling apart, and how SuperTrapp handles their customers. Not rudely at all, but rather very incompetently.

My next system will be from MBRP. Quiet, powerful, and long-lasting.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Grizzhopper, What is involved in the starter lock out you mentioned? I think that would sure be handy. I assume you can then start your Grizz in any gear? I am also interested in an exhaust system and intake mods to increase power that may have been lost due to 26in 589's what is your expierence on these issues? (2004 Grizz realtree camo 26in 589 Mud Lites on ITP series-5 wheels).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rich.

u can start your grizzly in any gear, it´s just to hold (brake) hard with your left hand leveler. and press the egnition button, and it should start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts