Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the air cleaner lid off to take air filter out and bottom was covered in about 1 inch of oil. any ideas what that issue is?
also it has no dipstick to check oil level,is there no way to check oil level?
thanks

·
Registered
2002 grizzly 660, interco Interforce 30x8x12, 2mm shim, epi white,bbk, raptor cam,kw valve train
7 Posts
took the air cleaner lid off to take air filter out and bottom was covered in about 1 inch of oil. any ideas what that issue is?
also it has no dipstick to check oil level,is there no way to check oil level?
thanks
The dipstick is by where your left heel would be when you are riding it, under small panel that pops off, right behind where it says yamaha on the pull start. As for why your airbox has oil in it , my gf had that happen on her 420 rancher when the power sports guy put too thin oil in it, may be something totally different with ur rig tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dipstick is by where your left heel would be when you are riding it, under small panel that pops off, right behind where it says yamaha on the pull start. As for why your airbox has oil in it , my gf had that happen on her 420 rancher when the power sports guy put too thin oil in it, may be something totally different with ur rig tho.
I will see about oil,im changing it tomorrow and using 0 w 40 oil. as for dipstick mine just has a screw on cap,no dipstick on it.

·
Registered
2002 grizzly 660, interco Interforce 30x8x12, 2mm shim, epi white,bbk, raptor cam,kw valve train
7 Posts
I will see about oil,im changing it tomorrow and using 0 w 40 oil. as for dipstick mine just has a screw on cap,no dipstick on it.
There is your first issue, I'm pretty sure ur machine calls for 10w30 like my 02 660 grizzly, that's why my girls rancher had oil in airbox, it called for 10w30 genuine honda oil and he put 0w40 rotella in it, I changed oil with proper oil and it never did it again. I will try and measure my dipstick later today, u can use a ziptie bent at proper length to check oil level that way, that's how I check transfer cases and rear ends on cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So if I bend a ziptie at 2 5/8" and rest that in edge of crankcase oil should be about 1/2" up on ziptie to be full, hope that helps ya.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts