Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been noticing when i turn my wheels to the left that my 4 wheeler revs up so i started pulling on my cable by the handle bar and my grizzly would rev up and down when i wiggled it and pulled it. is that normal? is the cable broke? also when i pull off the side panel and wiggle the cable where it connects to the carb or whatever that is i can pull it and it will rev up and get stuck sometimes.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would get it looked at right away, I think it was Dawn who had that happen and it wasn't pretty. I think some guys have had to have the cable rerouted to correct this. Make sure it is not getting pinched some where because that definately shouldn't be happening.......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had the same thing! as it turned out I had moved my throttle over a bit on tha handlebars when I fitted the mirrors and new grips. It was only about a centimeter. Everytime I turned left The griz would accellerate. It scared me half to death!!. anyway I just slid the trottle back on the bar and it was fine..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok all i had to do was adjust the throttle cable. it's fine now so far. i did not have any freeplay in the throttle lever. way to tight. how much freeplay do you guys have in your levers? thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts