Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the ACT radials that were installed on the stock grizzly wheels 26x10x12 rear 26x8x12 front good looking tire, so far so good for my style of riding.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another picture

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
those are a good lookin tire,, how about a close up of the ft... kinda like the back,,,,,could you tell much difference from 25's as far as power and low end,,,,, I'm thinking I will stick with 25's when it comes time,, unless I can talk myself into a clutch kit,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Danny,

Looking good!

CG,

I'm not sure about his tires, but when I had 26" MST's I noticed a big difference with my low end. Once the engine revved up you could get the power back. I couldn't talk myself inot a clutch kit either. So thats why I went back down to 25's. It was like night and day.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to stay with 25s also but all they had were 26s in stock, but when comparing them on the Carlisle site the overall dia. is not much bigger I think it was like .7 inches on the front tire which only equates to a little over a 1/3 of an inch that you actually have for a ratio difference between the 2 on the rear tire it was even less, and being radial versus bias I figgured the squat would make up the difference, but what the **** do I know. I know my speedo is closer to my gps now than before, so it did raise my overall gear ratio some. If I had the choice and both tires were available I would stick with the 25s also as I really dont need extra clearance. I know the 25 rear was rated with a higher carring capacity than the 26 according to the Carlisle tire site. They are, with the extra shoulder blocks, wider than stock as on my ride yesterday I was getting mud up on the fenders etc. where I hadn't before, a set of fender extenders would take care of that. I'll post front pictures later right now I'm off for another ride and some bird hunting. Danny

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front tire you asked for

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another shot

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
dannyK,,, thanks for the ft. shot,,,,, I really like the looks of the tires and checked out the carlisle website and from what I can tell it is a three ply tire,,, am I reading that right or not,,,,, thanks in advance

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good news for me too. I thought I had a second flat with my ATR's but it was just some debris and after getting that out I was good to go. I'm stickin with the ATR's for now. I'll really give them a work in another two weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice tire shots Dano. What type of riding style do you do ?. What kind of birds do hunt up there in MI ? Heading out to South Dakota this coming Tuesday to chase those **** pheasant birds!! Later. Doug.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Piaute, we hunt partridge and woodcock, all my riding is basically trail riding on 2 tracks and gravel roads

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another picture of riding area

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
dannyk,, I was checking out the carlisle site and it said the act tires are three ply,, seen in a magizine they called them a three star rating,,, could you let me know what what ply they are,,, I never heard of a star rating and am not sure what it is,,, if they are a six ply I think I will order some,, thanks,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, cg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts