Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some opinions about exhuast.Looked at THE BIG GUN,or maybe just a power tip.Do they add any real power?Are they real loud?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Before you spend on an aftermarket exhaust, try a power tip first (this mod is better if you put on a K&N or Durablue air filter at the same time).
some people drill out the baffle using a long drill bit with a 12mm diameter, they normally put about 10 holes in the baffle. I on the other hand, cut my standard exhaust in half, and removed the bafflles etirely!! then welded it back together. Iput on a 2" tip and the beast really sounds deep/loud and mean!! like it should.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
One problem with modding the muffler is it tends to eliminate the spark arrestor, which is pretty important. If you ride in Nat'l Forest areas and many other public recreation areas, these are a must or will get you cited bigtime.

Rob

·
Registered
95 Posts
Along a similer line....

I'm more interested in a stelth system. I can't help but think the systems offered would increese back presure thus robbing HP. If anybody can recomend a mod to quiet me down an improve performance, please chime in.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Rob, VERMONTGRIZZ,

Strangely enough I chose to keep in my standard spark arrestor. even after the mod. I keep it in to keep the mud out of the 2" hole!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts