Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at some aftermarket parts for my Grizzly on ebay.

I want to know if there worth buying for the performance?

Big Gun Rev Box $119.00
Provides a more aggressive advance curve compared to stock
Eliminates the frustration of having the restrictive stock ignition cut out
Easy to install

2 inch Exhaust tip $23.00
Provides A Nice Throaty Sound!

Scary Fast Power Now $100.00
Up for Sale is the New Scary Fast Power Now.

This is a must for anyone who has a Grizzly 660

We have tested this product in our own Grizz....and we are very pleased with the gains.

The Scary Fast POWERNOW™ provides bigger horsepower improvements, greater power at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle for 2-strokes, 4-strokes, mini bikes and ATVs for $ 100.00. Mounted into the backside/airboot side of the carburetor, the Power Now™, slices the single air venturi going into the carburetor into 2 smaller, faster, venturis via the PowerNow™’s ‘Power Plate’. Our trademarked revolutionary Power Plate assists the vacuum of the fast moving air by drawing the fastest moving air molecules through a precisely positioned hole in the plate, drastically increasing the speed of the top and bottom venturis entering the cylinder. With this modification, the result is volumetric engine efficiency through uncompromised airflow velocity. Rated as Dirt Rider’s 2005 Product of the Year.

-Very easy to install

-Best Permormance Gain for the price

Magic Power Box $100.00

Major Features:
Increase horse power throughout the entire rpm range
Increase torque
Increase throttle response
Increase spark energy
Improve fuel efficiency
Easier start-runs cleaner
Less spark plug fouling
Brighter headlights
Longer battery life
Reduce the radio noise

I still have the stock tires on it but installed 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the rear tires.

The next tires I will buy will be the Maxxis Bighorn Radial tires.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good choice on the tires. Those are my next ones as well.

Pass on the "magic power box" and "scary fast powernow". As for the 2" exhaust
tip, some people like them, some say they are useless.

From my research, If you are running stock size tires you can't beat the power
gains from a new exhaust, air filter, and rejetting. If you go up in tire size
add a clutch kit. If you are really power hungry, there's all sorts of big bore
kits. That increase your engine from the stock 660 to anywhere from 686-800.
I'd stay away from the ebay power miracles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about a clutch kit?

would that make a difference in performance?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Great Choice of Tyres, I have a set myself and we will replacing with the same again!
I may just hop from 25" to 26" though!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If I understand it right, the clutch is "geared" for the 25" tire. When you increase the size of the tire the clutch engages at a higher RPM which causes the belt to slip. With a new clutch kit it will engage at a lower RPM which will allow your belt to grab sooner and give to that bottom end power back. On some kits you lose some top end but like I always say, "I would rather be quick than fast any day".

·
Registered
462 Posts
if i was going to stay with stock tire setup,i wouldnt mess with the clutch at all,,,,for me personally,i think the Grizz is geared perfect,,you crack it the power is right there,and has plenty to offer at the top end at the same time

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all of your reply's!

I will probably later on buy 25" Maxxis Bighorn Radials, 8 more Moose Wheel Spacers, Maier Handguards, Power Tip, Big Gun Rev Box, Magic Power Box, Scary Fast Power Now and Pro Design Pro Flow Kit!

I'll have to save up some money!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Your joking aobu the rev box, magic box and scary fast power now right? Otherwise your list of goodies sounds ok!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's wrong with the rev box, magic box and scary fast power now?

Are These aftermarket parts are just a way to rip people off?

They must not do much for performance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for telling me that because I was thinking about buying them later on down the road!

I appreciate it very much!

you saved me hundreds of dollars!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for telling me that because I was thinking about buying them later on down the road!

I appreciate it very much!

you saved me hundreds of dollars!

I will try to do the reverse rev limiter mod.

I will buy Acerbis Handguards $35.00, Power Tip $48.00 including shipping, Pro Design Pro Flow fiter kit $97.00.

Later on down the road I will buy 4 25" Maxxis Bighorn Radials when I have saved up some money! Ha Ha

I have Moose Wheel Spacers on my rear wheels.

Should I buy some more spacers for the front wheels?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes you should have the front and rear tracking in the same place so also add spacers to the front. Spacers only on the back could affect your trail handling and stability in a negative way in some situations.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would put spacers in front too, I have spacers all round and they are great!
When you get the acerbiz handguards, get a set of extentions for them, they are just a screw on plastic extention and they help with mud!
PS YAMAHA has black Acerbiz gaurds with the Yamaha logo instead on the acerbiz one and they are very cool!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just ordered 8 more moose wheel spacers for the front for the handling!

I think it's well worth the money to buy all 16 for better stabillity and handling.

·
Registered
339 Posts
On the mini quads for kids some of them are very unstable and the best mod is to install spacers on the front or longer a-arms on the front. It takes allot of the tippy'ness out of them.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Just curious, did you get the spacers made for the Grizzly or the one size fits most kind. I'm not sure what the differance is but for some reason they have a kind just for Grizzlies.
Keep an eye on yours and watch for unusual wear or for them comming loose.

Stay away from all those magic power box things. They may help the guys that build their motors up but they don't do anything for a stock motor, so I've been told.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought the Universal Moose wheel spacers!

They work great!

The wheel spacers they make for the grizzly is only for the 2002 model!

I don't know why.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Now when you get into some mud you are going to wish you had overfenders. It's just a never ending process.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts