Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 16 wheel spacers, Pro Design Pro Filter Kit, 2 Inch Power Tip and I just got my Maier Handguards that I have to install!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Doolin,

I think his spacers are more like wheel stud extensions, one per wheel stud.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yikes, those would be scary IMO. I think with a 1 unit setup you get a better fit as the hole unit snugs against the hub. I would think lug extentions would have a lot of "walk" with them.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Koko you get 3 types of spacers (that I have seen)
One is a spacer with built in studs offset from the original.
one is just studs like this

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
spacers like I have are a combination of both

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If you look at your hub, the rim is only touching on 4 spots, not the entire wheel. With the spacers you just extend those 4 spots out a couple inches. For the most part they work just fine.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Those first ones still look down scary. Beast your second picture looks right fine those I wouldn't be hesitant with. Here's mine.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Doolin, Great picture and those are very nice looking spacers. You would have to tear up a lot of stuff for those to fail. Did you make those spacers or did you buy them?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Doolin, yours are the 1st type I tried to describe!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Starky I bought my spacers. I felt this was a good design as well. I got a great price on them from www.atvoutfitters.net Matthew is a great guy to deal with. They are actually a "Moose" brand wheel spacer.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
M400 where did you purchess the maier hand gaurds i cant find them listed for my o3 grizz,any one out there that has a favorite brand of handgaurd that looks good on a grizz please chime in. thanks bob m

·
Registered
339 Posts
Starky...Matthew is who I deal with for most all of my ATV stuff. He is the one that got me a new set of Bighorns when the first set we got made the machine shake all over the place. I highly recommend ATV Outfitters.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I've checked out that site and it has some great deals. They are on my list for "Grizzly Stuff".

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I use the Yamaha HAND GAURDS made by ACERBIZ, I also added the mud extentions, to make them wider.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
bobmmor here is another pic for you!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
thanks beast i will put that brand on a search. bob

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
CG, in the summer do you get a lot of dust swirling behind the windshield?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts