Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my air filter yesterday... the air box was full of oil and the filter was soaked. I just had some maintenance done (Clutch, oil change, brakes). I'm told that if you put too much oil it'll over flow in the air box..or could be a PC valve clogged....

Anyone?

Frank

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi Frank,

When you clean the filter...

1 wash the filter in a solvent,

2 let it dry out +/- 20 mins

3 soak it in filter oil.

4 squeeze out ALL THE EXCESS oil.

5 let it stand for about an hour. (oil will run off)

6 then fit the clean, oiled, semi dry filter to your Grizzly.

If you don't you will have a lot of oil in your airbox!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, I had alot of oil in the airbox too, but it was from the K&N filter oil that the guy before me put on. I cleaned it and did it right this time and no problems.

Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Mine does this too a bit... I spray my cleaned and dried filter down with K&N oil, and then let it sit for a half hour on a paper towel. Then I put the Outerwears back on and put it in.

Then the next time I clean the filter, I always pull out the airbox and clean it out good since oil inevitably ends up all over the inside of the box.

BTW, how many of you have torn the little foam gasket for your K&N filter? I've torn several and keep gluing it back together.

Rob

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
When i clean/oil my filter i don't soak it, i just pour some on and squeeze it thouroghly until it is consistent all around. You don't really need it sopping wet, just enough to do the job. I use to, when i dirt biked was to wipe a small amount of grease on the inside of the airbox on all sides, this gave the dirt/dust another area to stick too before it went to your filter. Anybody still do this? I think i will, it worked well on the dirt bikes?....Irv

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I used to ride a honda 250R three wheeler (back in the days),,, I would always put a little grease on the inside of the airbox also,,, we rode a lot at a place called little sahara state park in okla,,, tons and tons of sand, as far as you can see,,,, figure the grease would help stop the sand that found its way in the box,, ,,, ,, countrygrizz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts