Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thing I noticed on the Racing Outlander 800, was that it was using a HMF PENLAND PRO - Slip-On, So I decided to treat myself. In the past I used the 2" tail piece and I gutted the inside of my silencer. So now I hope this pipe gives me some real horse power. It seems most websites rate this as the ultimate Utility ATV performance pipe?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another pic

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
beast whats the cost and the sound. (throaty)(loud)both ?? thanks bob

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bobmor "your" price in US is $260 (local here about +/- $350).

The sound on the Bombardier was awesome, loud and deep....

You can get a "quiet" core for it too!!

take a look at http://www.hmfengineering.com/

I ordered it today, it will take 3-4 weeks to get here.

I am still trying to price those OMF beadlocks for less than $260 each!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
thanks beast .let us know what it sounds like on the griz. bob m

·
Registered
16 Posts
got this pipe about 3 weeks ago and yes its very loud gives my buddies a headache when they ride behind me very deep sound its sounds like a throaty sport quad but i cant tell u about the power cause I had a bunch of other stuff done at the same time that this was put on but man it sounds mean.cost 230 dollars at b and b racing in wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the infi madgrizz05, I am looking forward to mine!!

What other mods did you do?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
MADGRIZZ do you have a quiet core installed or is it loud because you dont thanks bob m

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Beast

Do you know where that picture of the Bomb 800 was taken? I am fighting with BRP as the front suspension they ship with the quad are ****. They will only give me a work around when what I want is gas shocks. The shocks on that picture are no way stock. They know the stock shocks are ok for weekend riders so are not propared to do anything about it. So I am on a crusade to piss them off until they do something about it that I am happy with.

By the way let me know what differnece the slip on makes, will you modify the airbox? you'll definetely need to rejet to get the most out of it.

All the best
GrizzlySpain

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David,

I took the photo, at the Quad show last weekend, The Bike belongs to Cornel De Villiers who is currently racing national in South Africa on it (He is currently 1 due to his win on the DS 650 last year) He chose the Bomb 800 as it will be his Paris/Dakar quad in Jan 07 (he won in 2004 on his DS650)

Those are Elka shocks on his quad http://www.elkasuspension.com/, they are the best you get, but cost about US $1450.00 each the pic below has Elka shocks on that grizz too!! Take a look at Quad18star's Profile and pics of his Elka Shocks!

Those OMF beadlock rims are fantastic, but at $260 each, its not cheap!

My Airbox was done nearly 2 years ago, I have a Dura Blue filter and Outerwares cover.

I will take it to be set on a Dyno and rejetted when the pipe comes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2005 ATV, DS 650 Bombardier belongs to Cornel De Villiers , this was the one used to win the Paris/Dakar, see the rear fenders are fuel tanks and the nerf bars are oil tanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
no, i didnt have a quiet core with mine let me know how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another pic of Cornell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts