Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob needs advice with dynojet kit. The dynojet site shows a 02-06 kit, but the online instructions only show up to a 05. Is everything still the same for 06? If anyone knows of online step by step, i need it.

Thanks!!

Cal

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I read something recently where on the 06's that one of the jets or something similiar is closed off on the 06's? I think I read it at highlifter.com? Anyways, I guess you can drill out the little cover carefully and then it is just like the previous years. Do a search at Highlifter before tackling your carb, it could save you a big headache.....Irv

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the dynajet kit in my 06 grizz no drilling required all you need to know is the proper jet and needle position. The instructions that come with the jet kit's are very good. You just pick out what mods your bike has eg.(k&n pipe elevation ect.) and install what they say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
saskgriz,

Did you see an improvement with the dynojet kit? I see you also have the clutch kit.....Like it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't really know how much the jet kit actually does on it's own but when i installed it with the k&n and the pipe the bike really woke up i mean really! the way my bike is working now was worth every penny. As for the clutch kit it was installed before i took delivery of my bike. With the big tires this clutch kit works very well smooth shifting and the power is always right there

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have to take the tank off to get to the carb? Yesterday, I took off the seat, side panels, airbox, and undid the back of the gas tank and tried to lift it up a bit. Man, it going to be a tight fit to get the carb out. Plus, did you undo the gas line and cables and do this on the bench?
Being 40ish and can't see and having big hands (proud) is not a plus in this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I take the tank off. You have gone that far already it's only 2 more bolts and the fuel line and the tank is off. It makes it way easier to get the carb out this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts