Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the atv power kit or the dial a jet. If so was the power increase noticable.did u notice any low end power? Was it worth the money? thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Raxxor, I have heard of quite a few people running the dial a jet with great sucess but I haven't heard of the ATV power kit, what is that all about? Any links?........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
From the reports I have read, the Dial-a-jet works as advertised. I'm thinking about puting one on my Griz because of the extreme temp changes I ride in up in North Dakota. 100+ and humid in the summer to -30 and dry in the winter.
Most of that power stuff doesn't have much effect on a stock motor. The best way to get the full potential out of a stock motor is with a pipe, air filter and re-jet. Also, if you haven't put one on yet, you need a clutch kit with those 27" tires. A lot of your power is getting lost in the stock clutch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far what i did to my grizz is the stock muffler mod (drilling the holes in the baffle) Got some more umph out of her and was able to bring the front end up by the tug of the handle bars. I am trying to make it so i could just work the throttle to wheelie. Will any of these mods to the trick? I am trying to stay away from the clutch kit.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Raxxor, what size drill bit did you use and how many holes did you drill? How come you are trying to stay away from a clutch kit? There are lots of kits out there for certain applications, I think when I get my new tires I am going to put in a Dalton kit, it is about a $100.00 bucks and gives back your low end torque/power you sometimes loose with larger tires........Irv

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the k&n air filter and the dynojet kit improve my bottom end?

·
Registered
462 Posts
i see ya made it Raxxor,welcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey Irv we used a half inch drill bit. you will need a longer drill bit to reach the baffle. you might be able to get a small drill head in there. we used a air drill the chuck is smaller it fit in the hole of the muffler
we drilled 8 holes

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for the info Raxxor, what is the ATV power kit? Is it jets, filter mods?....Irv

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just added a SuperTrapp Muffler, K&N filter and a Dynojet kit.
From a stop, without pulling up on the bars, I give it full throttle and lift the front end off the ground for about two feet. If I tug up on the bars I can ride a wheelie.

with the Dynojet kit I drilled out the plug to access the mixture screw and have it set 2.5 turns out added the Dynojet Needle Jet and spring Clip is in the fouth notch and put in a 155 main jet.

I'm going riding on Sat to fine turn it. It runs great now, starts fine when cold and feels like it has great power. But I think I'll get a little more with some tuning. Boy I wish I had a Dyno.........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys. The atv power kit is the k&n air filter and the dyno jet kit in one package.I am also considering a clutch kit. Which one should i buy for the most incresed bottom end? Will a clutch kit be better if i am trying to wheelie or will it just make me quicker? Nice pic by the way. When u added ur k&n air filter and your dyno jet kit did u notice an increase in low end. did it help with pulling wheelies?

·
Registered
28 Posts
After my first ride today I have a little of tuning to do after adding the SuperTrapp,K&N and Dynojet kit.
Starts great, more low end (see picture) but I lost a little on top end.
After full thottle runs I get alittle backfiring out the exhaust.
I want to go richer on the pilot and main jet and see how it runs.
I did about 50 miles at Michaux State forrest today. The bike runs great, drivability is top notch

I wish I had a Dyno. I could tune this beast real quick.

I took this photo with my Friend Scott riding my Grizzly.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pic MG, I need to get my Grizz tuned up like that, just don't know where to start?......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
No fair, he took the front rack off. No wonder he can't keep the front end down. Just kidding, that's a great picture.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you get your atv power kit(k&n filter dyno jet kit) i found one from quad works. It doesnt say it comes with the K&n anyone know if its the same as the K&n power kit (with the k&n filter or is it some other brand)? heres link to site http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=785&cat_id=162
Anyone know what the deal is with highlifter i saw that i could buy one for grizzly before and now that they changed the site they only sell for the brute force.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the SuperTrapp Muffler and K&N Filter I bought from Highlifter.com
$343.97 + $15 S&H
I bought the Dynojet kit off ebay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts