Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Grizz on Thursday afternoon, I rode it from the Shipping agents yard.

In one word AWESOME, man these things are great. I can't really compare it to other ATV's as this is my first, but I can say after 10 minutes of taking it easy I found the Grizz to be really sure footed. I just pointed her in the right direction and thumped her. I have done over 45klms in 2 afternoons and plan on keeping it up till I fly out on Friday. We are lucky here as it is a Mine Town and nothing else for over 600 klms and the best part is we are on the coast.

My Grizz is basicly stock but it still has heaps of stick, I opened it up on a bush track and before I new it I was doing 55klms an hour (unbelievable power).

By the time I got home today I had seen Red Tailed Black Cockatoos, Goanna's, White Cockatoos and one big Buff (I will take my camera tommorrow).

Just thought I would share.

Cheers Noel

P.S. In case you haven't worked it out..... I am hooked big time

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice glad you like it! If you evern plan on getting a winch theose lights will have to go. I still find it weird that the grizzlly over on the other side of the world come with different tires from the factory. Armin on this board bought new black LE Grizzly in Germany and has the same tires as you too.

Anyways, nice grizz and keep romping it!

Koko

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sounds like your breaking it in a little rough? Follow the manual, it tells you how to break it properly. Take it on the easy side for 20hrs and then you can let er rip!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I found it took a lot of restraint to go easy for those first 20 hours. being interested in long term relieability kept me off the throtle. Irv is probably right. Allowing the engin to brake-in properly will pay off in the long run.

I know you'll enjoy your new toy. The only complaint I have is my Grizzly keeps taking me out for adventures then refuses to do the chores I neglect for the ride time. Selfish beast...lol

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think he bought this bike used. So I'm guessing its already broken in. But I could be wrong and if thats the case, definately do what the others suggested and follow the manual.

Koko

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice helmet... also, what is a Goanna and a Buff? You sure have wierd animals down on that island! Never heard of those two.

Jim

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Lads,

Koko's right this is an 04 Grizz with 90 hrs on it now.

05BlkGrizz I know what you are saying about it being hard to take it easy and I haven't been able to get my machine to help with the chores either......

Koko, staking tyres is probably the biggest problem here. I read on the Australian Yamaha Site that they fitted these 6ply tyres as standard because the normal ones didn't hold up to all the fallen timber that ends up so dry and hard from all the bush fires we get over here (responding to customer needs is what they said).

Jim, I like the helmet also, it is surprising how hard it is to buy a helmet with the Australian flag on it. Mate a Goanna is a big a$$ lizard that grows up to about 4 to 6 feet long I suppose, and a Buff (Buffalo) is an Asiatic Buffalo they are everywhere here I noticed tracks in my back yard yesterday that where from a buff the night before, he was just passing through I guess. I will try and get some pics to post for you guys, I found a couple of really nice places so far. You can really get into some places on these things.

I may look at a winch later on..... I will see how I go.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey Noel, I seen one of them critters you call a "buff", no wait, sorry that was my mother-in-law! Congrats on your Grizzly and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
LOL blue_grizzly :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts