Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we ride in alot of rocky terrain as well as mud mainly just checking out old gold and tin mines .the circlips were a replacment clip at no charge yamaha checked diff all ok but replaced cv shafts because of buring on the spline ends . my grizz has got 4000km on it and this is the only problem i have had

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Bonez, you don't have to post a new thread everytime to answer an existing one, just scroll down the one you are reading and you will see a blank area that says reply and that is where you reply. It will only be available after you log in.........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi Bonez5,

I have had the same problem with my axles at 5000km, my griz has been in the shop on off for 4 months now, first the back left axle popped out, then a week after repairs the back right poppoed out, then a week after repairs both popped out!! Always at low speed, in 2x4.
This time they are replacing both CV joints, the final drive gear and spline. All I am waiting for is for the shimms to arrive from Japan to set the "backlash". Even though Yamaha is covering it so far under warranty, I hate not having my quad to ride!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Well i guess that is good news Beast? At least everything is covered and then some. Have you heard anything about the clips Bonez5 is talking about? I am curious if they are an update/recall? Hopefully you get your bike back soon?, take care........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Thanks Irv,

I just took Bonez5 part number to the dealer now, I hope to hear from them later. Yamaha in SOuth Africa has not heard of the problem before, so i hope this part number will bring a sollution!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the clipps were a updated clip and are slightly thicker yamaha must have known about the problem ,i know of 5 grizzlys down here with the same problem

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I will have to look into that, i don't want mine coming out especially when i have the young lad with me most of the time! When exactly did you buy your Grizz, was it early in 05 or late in 04? I am just curious because sometimes that matters for some reason? Mine is the 05 S.E. which i think was a later release? Anybody know if it that is true?........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I saw the dealer last night at the Raptor 700 launch and he told me that they have located the replacement clips from Yamaha in the USA (Bonez5 part number). Although the Shimms have arrived today I now need to wait 2 weeks for the new clips to arrive. So I will get my Griz back in +/- 2.5 weeks time. I worked out yesterday that my Griz has been in the workshop for 4 months this year, just for this axle problem! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
But thanks for the part number Bonez5, that was the breakthrough to get Yamaha in South Africa out of denial.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bought my grizz 2 days before 05 model was released my mate bought 05 model and he had rhside rear axle pop out both bikes are now 12mts old now. another friend just bought 06 mdl and his mate is piking his up friday nite all up there is 6 of us with grizzlys ,and all very happy with them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts