Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like this receiver, got it off eBay for about $70. as you can see it connects to the frame preventing any probs with side torque. uses a regular draw bar which can be had at any Wal Mart. I want to be able to move my pop up around and I want to do it safely (that takes the fun out of it huh?!) Its made in Wisconsin and the construction is very impressive. I emailed the seller with some questions and he got right back to with a ton of info, the item was well packaged to boot. the only drawback is I cant install my new rear bash plate...thats OK for now I like how it looks and besides I can list the plate up on eBay and get my money back.

GN

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I was looking at that one as well. I like the way it brings up the height of your ball too.
Is there any way you can cut your bash plate to fit around the receiver?

Great Photo by the way, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Do you still have the item number for the receiver. I was looking on Ebay and didn't see any more. I was thinking he may have more that are not listed.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think because of the width of the hitch if you cut it out enuff the bash plate may be nearly cut in two...the best fix would be to have the horizontal bar moved back (toward the rear to comp for the thickness of the plate) about an 1/8th on the square tubing before welding, this would let both items work together. then all you had to do is drill the holes for the U bolts. I thought about emailing the seller with the request, even if they would agree to the change I may to send them my bash plate for ref plus I would be buying a new hitch...I dunno, cant have it all I suppose.

thanks for the comp on the pic there Starky!

any sugg please let me know...GN

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Grizznizzle, how far back does the hitch stick out the back of the receiver?

I have seen those on Ebay.

From looking at their pictures on Ebay, I could not see how it attached to the grizz.

I can see in your pic.

Personally, I like the receiver hitch better.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is his web url Starky:

http://leedengineering.com/

you're prob right even tho none are listed you can get em right off his site. I'm pickier than most people when it comes to what I put on my cars/house/toolbox/4wheeler etc, and I was very impressed with the whole deal. I prob paid a frog hair too much for it but, considering what I saw on the net that was available its a good deal (unless you can make one yourself) besides, I dont believe in spending good money for a 4wheeler then turn around and cheese on accessories.

well, excluding the christmas tree air freshner I bought for the handle bars :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forgive me TnWrangler but are you referring to the square tubing of the hitch or the draw bar as it goes through the tubing? sorry if I sound confused, I may not be using correct terminalogy. here is a top pic so you can see how much room is between the hitch and the bike. if you want I'll take a pic with the draw bar installed. let me know what ya need!

·
Registered
701 Posts
That looks good and I've eyed those as well! I just feel that $70 is a little steep. Wish I lived closer to CG, he could weld up on these for a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
119 Posts
When you slide the hitch into the receiver, how far out the back of the receiver does the hitch stick out?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey CG, weld us up some receiver hitches.

Grizznizzle, slide the hitch into the receiver and put the pin in the hole.

Take a picture of the rear part of the receiver and post the pic.

Termanology??? ****, I don't even know how to spell it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Here's a good starting point for CG. Much cheaper, all it needs is some U-bolts and piece of steel to go across the top.

Go to ebay and enter this part number 7578686422

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here it is folks, I borrowed this setup from my 3/4 ton truck cause homie aint been to Wal Mart yet...as you can see the draw bar sits flush with the receiver. yeah, I thought the price was high too until I held it in my sweaty hands...its very well made and besides, makes a nice place to rest your foot while you have a beer in your hand braggin to your neighbor about your machine!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, BTW that stainless steel pin is the ONLY thing on my Chevy thats hasnt rusted.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the ones that just used the single bolt were around $50?...think I saw them in Northern and other places on the net...i didnt like the idea of all stress on that one connection...like I said I want to move my camper around and not worry. with the work this thing can do I figure better safe than sorry. maybe I'm just too over cautious who knows! its a dreay day here today but I still had to take the dog for a walk....using the Grizz of course :) I'm gonna strap a vid cam to the front and make a small vid that can be downloaded...that would be cool.

gotta get ready for work, have to support this habit somehow and it looks like Ed McMahon's not bringing that 4 foot long check by anytime soon!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Definately looks like it would be easy to make. Looks like about $10 worth of steel and a couple for the bolts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you're right about the parts costs...but they do a nice job on the finishing with the powder coating and super nice welding job (both skills outta my league)...also the cross bar has a slight pitch to it which you cant see to counter the pulling force.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Do you take the stock Grizzly hitch off to install this?

Is the only attachment points for this hitch the two u-bolts I see on the two verticle frame tubes?

Where will the force be applied when you have a drawbar inserted into the receiver with a ball on them something attached to the ball?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts