Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I'm new to this site,looks good!I have a 03 grizzly which runs an idles fine but lately it back fires .It never did this before. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How often is it ridden? Sounds like your carburator needs a good cleaning. They plug up quick if you don't ride very much. Even if you ride alot, I'd start there. Next check your intake boots for cracks or leaks. If you put on any air filters or exhausts I assume you had it re-jetted to compensate. I'd check your valve clearance while your at it. Should be one of those. Hope that helps. DM

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site "H", not really sure on your back firing? Try dirtmonkey's suggestions and then check your timing. When was the last time you put a new plug in it? Good luck.......Irv

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome to the site H.
Not sure about others but my Grizz backfires when it's time to set the valves and it stop when I do them. Still backfires on occasion though

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If I remember right, backfiring when you chop the throttle is a lean condition and sputtering under full throtle is a rich condition. Don't take my word for it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts