Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey odan ,, ya i checked all that too ,, i read up that the polaris 500 had that problem ,,,

-- BUT -- i think i found the real problem now ,, The buddy i bought Grizzly from told me he tried another STATOR in it at one time ,, so i took the stator cover off and 2 wires that go to a black box was all hacked up and not covered very good ,, both wires were just hanging out hitting each other and the metal bracket that holds them back out of the way ,,, so i re-taped them up and have been riding over a week now and carb never popped of once !!! ,,,, SOOO now i hope that was the problem ,,,,,

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Nice work Gman

Hopefully it is all good from now on hey.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey ,,, well F'n #$%* #@#@% %$$## arhhhh went for a ride this evening ,, back in the woods the Carb blew off !!!!!!!!! so i guess that wasnt the problem ,,,,,, drove it ALL last wk and it worked fine ,,, man this is annoying ,,,

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The Raptors had the same problem. Usually it was due to people turning the idle screw down because they thought it was ideling to high. It sounds like an intake valve is periodicaly sticking open. Hope you get it figured out, that's a sweet looking 600.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yaa im hoping next yr to get a new one ,, prob a new 660 would be good enough ?? ,,, ,,, ,, and ya Starky i did idle it down after i bought it from buddy cause it seemed to be idling to high ,, when u put it in gear it would jump ahead so bad ,, so i idled it down so it wouldnt do that so bad ,,, But u wouldnt think that would cause it to blow carb off ,, it usually does it when u go to give it some gas or holding the throttle at a steady low speed ,,,

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I'm sure that is not your problem. One thing to keep in the back of your mind. On the Raptor, a lot of starter one-way gears were destroyed by turning the idle down and the engine would quit and back spin taking out the gear. I don't know if that was ever a problem with the Griz.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey guys ,, just to let ya know that i did a compression Test today ,, it has 120 psi +/- couple psi ,,,, and than adding a little oil it will go up to 125 psi ,, sooo from reading my repair manual it is within spec ,, of 114-- 121 psi ,,,, ---- and been riding couples days now from the last Carb blow off and it Never blew off yet ,,, soooo weird !!!!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Reb, sorry I don't know where to get the part but I am sure someone on here can help you out?.........irv

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could get that for about $69 and ship for free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2000 600 Grizzly that does the EXACT same thing. Going crazy over this. will be idleing, and give it a little gas and POP, off goes the carb. Has been going on for way too long. Have taken it to a Yamaha shop for tune up and adjust valves, etc. Seem to help for a day or two, and then POP....off goes the carb. Geez, this is frustrating. Anyone know the answer. Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have an update on final solutions on this thread? I have a '98 grizzly 600 that has been having the same problems. I have changed carb, new timing chain, new valves, different cdi box and I am still having the same problem. Idles fine, but can't rev up otherwise it pops around and then blows carb off. I am thinking of changing the pulse coil next, but really getting frustrated with this one. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts