Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new 2004 BLUE Yamaha Grizzly! It is an awesome ride! I rode it around my yard and my trails for about 10 minutes then I seen the Coolant Temperature Light come on! When I got back to my house it was smoking and was overheated! What could be wrong with it! I thind it is the oil fan not coming on! It got too hot way too soon it seems like! It took about 20 minutes for the temperature light to go off! I let it cool off and checked the oil and coolant and they were fine! It made me so f***ing mad! I waited 3 days then when I get it home it f***ing overheats! The dealer is going to pick it up and see what's wrong with it. I'm thinking about just taking it back and buy another one from a different dealer. What should I do take it back or let the dealer fix it? I doubt I will find another BLUE Grizzly anywhere around here! I looked at all the dealers around here and this was the only BLUE Grizzly I could find!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Master400,
I have a blue 05 I'll sell you. 3 miles on it. Take that one back and drop by this weekend. If you leave now, you should make by then.

I had similar, big time overheating. Dealer checked the fan for proper turn on at the right temp. Every thing was within spec. The overheating was bad when going slow. Massive heat coming out of the vent holes. I ended up putting in a Highlifter radiator. That fixed the overheating. I think I have a post on this site about it. Only a few "chosen ones" seem to get this problem. Yamaha continues to claim there is not a problem.
I still got the blue one for you!!

Dan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much are you asking for it? I would have to drive thousands of miles to get there! How much would it cost to ship?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
bummer,,,, not sure how hot you can get them without hurting something but I think I would let the dealer have it,,, I would hate to start out not knowing what if any damage was done,, if it was smoking it is not a good sign,,,, think how hot the valves and piston were,,,,,,my temp light never comes on,, ever,,,, I took the wire off the sending unit and the led on the dash lights up,,,,, can anyone tell me if it lights up with the key on,,, if it does I need to take my sending unit out and check it,,, thanks,,,, cg

·
Registered
5 Posts
jmake sure coolant is full just because tank show full dosnt mean its full in rad

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol true my ride has been almost perfect for a 1000 miles but starting to about a few things

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
M400,

Sorry too hear about your hassles. Mate I would drop that rig like a hot potato.

I am sure you would not pay top price for a grizz if you knew the previous owner toasted it, I wouldn't.

Stick it to the dealer in a big way mate I can't see how they would have a leg to stand on. If the dealer carries on, just be nice and tell him you will go home and call Yamaha for satisfaction.

Whatever you do I hope it works out for you.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The owner of the dealership is givine me a 1 year free warranty plus the 6 month warranty! So I guess I will keep it! The guys at the dealership are going over the Grizzly with a fine tooth comb to see if it damaged the engine but they fixed the problem it was a faulty sensor on the fan or something like that!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
M400,

Hope it all comes good for you mate.

Cheers Noel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts