Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they sorted out the "on-Command 4WD" problem, just removed the servo motor, cleaned it out and put it back ! good news there.

Like Dawn, I also need 2 new front wheel bearings,

They are doing the 7200km service and I have ordered some new bits and pieces.

Yamaha, front and rear alluminium, A-Arm Gaurds and the front and rear Bash Plates.

Douglass Wheel, Rockstar rims, and a new set of Maxxis Bighorn Radials (I have 7000km on my existing set and only about 1.5cm tread on the front ones and 1cm tread on the rear. I have started to get stuck in the rivers now, also my original rims are not round any more and leak on the bead!).

HMF Penland Pro Slip-on

So when we have it all on I will post some pics!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sounds great Beast, the grizz should be looking and sounding pretty sweet when you are all done!........Irv

·
Registered
141 Posts
sounds like it will be nice,when it is done we will need pics for sure!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Beast, I installed the complete Yamaha aluminum set as well...it really looks nice with the Grizz logo on the A arms, the only prob I ran into was I had to "massage" the front bash plate a little...the bolts would go into the front holes or the rear holes but not both...die grinder did the trick. I think I spent $360 at the dealer for all 6 pieces but to have OE stuff it was worth it to me.

nizz

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mr nizz, I am looking forward to getting the stuff. My griz is still on their operating table awaiting spares from the Yamaha head office, I was hoping to get it tomorow, but I think it will only be next week!!

I will post some pics!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey Nizz sounds like you had the same little problem I had with the front bash plate.

I will be waiting for the pics Beast:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
yeah, not sure why it didnt fit...the rest of the protectors bolted up perfectly...but that front one made me a little nervouse about hacking on a brand new $80 part...figured the only way it was going on was to elongate one set of holes a bit...I broke several bits in the die grinder till I used the right kind of bit...I kept breaking the stone type bits, once I used a metal type it was smooth sailing.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well no riding this weekend, the BEAST is still in INTENSIVE CARE awaiting spares for the HIP REPLACEMENT (front wheel bearing).
No spares available from YAMAHA Head Office, they have no staff this week due to industrial action!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Beast,

Chin up mate, I am sure the beast will pull through.:)

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beast, any new pics? How's the makeover going?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the beast back on Friday.

Wheels/Tyres look great!!

Started to fit the Yamaha bash plates, (I had the same hassle all of you had with the front plate not lining up the "hole angles")
I could not firt the rear A-Arm gaurds as on old bolt snapped and another was stripped, (so I will get them to remove the broken bolt and refresh the threads tomorrow).

They rejetted the carb back to standard but its a mess now!! It is running too rich, lots of smoke at start up, and max speed dropped from 97km/h to 80km/h. It used to be 108km/h at best!!

Also the Grizz started overheating like mad today, The coldest day we have had in 2 years, and my ATV overheats every 10 mins!!!

So it is goping back to Yamaha in the morning.

They also broke my flag and GPS mount, so I'm fairly "pissed" with them!!

I will post pics when I get a happy ending later this week!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry to hear that Beast, that sucks! Your not the only one who has had bad luck with dealers mechanics, unfortunately I hear about it all the time.
Any idea what is causing it to overheat? Are they covering all the damage they caused? Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I have the wheels

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and the tyres

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CHECKLIST

4WD "on command" -OK

Flag -Replaced

GPS RAM mount-Replaced

Fan Blower Motor-Replaced

New Yamaha Arm Gaurd front and back Aluminum - Fitted

New Yamaha Front & Back Bash Plates Aluminum - Fitted

New Centre & Back Plastic Bash Plates - Fitted

Slime in Tyres - Done

New HMF Penland Pro Pipe - Not yet - awaiting delivery ex USA!

OK, OK, I will take pics this weekend away and post them on Monday!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It's coming along Beast, I like the looks of those Rokstars, were they very expensive or on par with most others? Can't wait to see the pics..........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Irv, those Rokstars are 3"/4" offset, identical to standard rims!!

I am using my spacers with them!

They are also available in 2"/5" like the ITP's etc

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a pic of the Rokstar on my Griz

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and the Grizz with new Shoes on the trailer