Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on one helluva ride on Saturday with some mates on some very technical stuff (shame those poor sports quads battled like ****) any way whilst on a flat farm road as I opened the Beast up I am sure I could feel the belt slipping! (It was not wet, and no water came out the drain) Is this normal? or is it because I am almost due for my 7200km service? any ideas? How long does a belt last??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't have enough experience yet Beast but if that is the original belt I would think it might need a changing? When was the last clutch service done? Maybe it is time for a clean/regrease? Good luck and hopefully it is nothing to serious.........Irv

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
To be honest with ya I've never heard of a Grizzly NEEDING a new belt or breaking one , I think it's impossible.HA HA. Were you tired, drinking or on medication? I think you were dreaming! It's a Yamaha!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
What size are your Bighorns? The belt can glaze over and slip but you usually feel it taking off and not at higher speeds. A new belt would certainly bring back some life to your machine and it would be a good time to clean and regrease the clutch.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starky, my Bighorns are standard 25".

Irv, My quad is always serviced at the Yamaha dealer ( I have a great dealer). But it has been a year since my last service!. The beast was in for axle problems, new radiator fan, but not for a service. I have only done 2200km since April 05, the last service. It will go in 200km +/- a month for a full service, perhaps the clutch just need a clean and grease!!

I was still doing +/- 90km/h, only I could feel little slips every now and then, ( a lot like the feeling when you have a little water in it)

addicted2mud, I know its a Yamaha, I have a sign on it to prove it!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Most Excellent Beast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts