Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Gun Exhaust systems Yamaha Rhino660/Grizzly660 Big Gun Over Rev Box. This unit increases the rev limit on this machine 1750RPM over stock. This unit is highly recommended as it will add to 3 more horsepower and 10mph more, just snap in and go! Rev Box will not hurt or harm your atv engine as the limiter still exists it is just moved up. Big Gun backs and will warranty this electronic item for one year from purchase date! Only company to offer such a warranty on electrical parts. Get yours today and feel the added power instantly over stock!

If I buy this will it void the 1.5 Year warranty I have?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You dont need it...you just came off a 250 cc quad to a 660 cc quad....learn to use the power you already have.
I doubt you would gain what they claim in top end....the belt already shifts to the top of the rear pully now at wide open throttle. so a few more rpm's wont gain you a thing there unless its going on a rhino

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ive had my rev box in now for two years and forgot it was there.... I took it out to see if i noticed a difference,....yup,..sure did. starts quicker,. idles better,.. better throttle response on bottom and the speedo I dont think noticed a changed.

Opon leaving the park and ride with the stock box, a gave it some throttle and to my SURPRISE the front end came up into a wheelie rather quickly and easily. It was a little scary, much in part my 8 yr old son was sitting behind me, and he didnt expect it either. All day it seemed to have much better bottom end with not much noticable loss up top. its the burst of acceleration between the midrange and top I think suffered, but not much..

is the box junk?? maybe,.. i think unless you have internal motor work done, this mod box is useless.

Anyone want ot buy a used Big Gun Rev Box??...LOL

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Now I didn't put a Big Gun rev box on my Bad To The Bone Grizz, however, Ifeel the one I did install improved my overall performance.

Now, having saidthat, it's been 2 yrs, and I've done some other mods, soall I can tellya is what I remember about first putt'in it on. Ibought a HauckPower Sports CDI. It was in Mar of 08 I think. Middle of the winter, I was atapprox 7400 ft, had the tracks on my Grizz and ....it DEFINETLY woke my Grizz up. The throttle response was MUCH better ... when I hit this hill (I did the hill with the stock CDI first. Came back down, switched CDI's & tried it again) ... it pulled it faster & much, MUCHSTRONGER.

Personally, I'm wayhappy. I'd like to try a few other CDI's, but not astock one.

Bottom line Master 400, YOU won't really know ifit makes a difference unless YOU install it onYOUR Bike. Do it, nothing ventured .... nothing gained ! ..... WOOHOO!!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Id be willing to try another brand, but heard too many neg. things about the Big Gun as well. Hauck Power Sports defiently knows ther grizzlies...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts