Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it commen for a big lug tire such as 26 in. Mudlite to wobble and feel bumpy when riding smooth surface?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just got 27" 589's, and it is noticably rougher, even on snow...the mudlites i don't know..

·
Registered
339 Posts
The 589's are a rough tire, IMHO. My nephew and I bought Grizzlies at the same time and he put on 589's and I put on Lites. When I ride his it is heavier steering and much harsher ride. Also have found that the 589's will have more problem with sliding sideways on offcamber areas. They are a good tire and will really pull and dig but I am not a fan of them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My mudlites are smooth once you get up and going. But at slow speeds they are alittle choppy.

Pat- I think I know what your talking about I think its just the way the tires ride on the ground. They are awfully rounded tire and I think on hard pack the contact patch is just a small section inthe middle and they can seem to wounder a bit. I know I have a harder time keeping my Grizzly striaght with the big tires on then I do with the stocks on!

:)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
What kind of tire preasure are you running. To get the smoothes ride and best contact patch you should be running about 4-5 pounds.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with Starky...I run between 4.25 and 4.75 pounds. When I started out I was running 5 & 5.5 pounds and noticed that the center 1/3 of the tire was seeing all the wear. They perform much better with lower air pressure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I run between 4 to 7 psi, depending on the ride and season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts