Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone mount their horns with the raised white letters in? I have wanted a set since they came out but just can't seem to bring myself to riding a wheeler with white letter tires. If I do that I may as well hang some fuzzy dice off the handlebars! :)

Anyone bought 26" and wish they would have went with 25"?

·
Registered
162 Posts
bought 28's and wish they were 27's ...my buddy has white letters and they dont look bad...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
You can use a Dremel tool or a razor blade to remove the white. Not sure if that would look funkier than having the white on the inside though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Starky...I thought about that. But guess it really doesn't matter which way they are mounted anyway. Take a good look at them, to make the tread bars the exact same a person would have to have white letters out on one side and blackwall out on the other.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
DKNARND,

The white does not stay white for long, a cloth and some gas will remove the colour pretty fast I'm sure!

·
Registered
27 Posts
DKNARND,
Do you wish you would have bought 25's instead. I was second guessing myself too. I put a EPI clutch kit in and it helped get the power back. I see you have the Dalton clutch. Do you like it? What would happen if we put 25's on and left the clutch kits in? More snap and even less top speed? That would be alright. Mine still does 61mph, whats yours do? I wonder what the actual hight is of a stock tire? It is probably not exactly 25". I also wonder what the actual hight is of a 25" Holeshot ATR. I think the ATR's will be my next tires.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Are those tires bi-directional or uni. If they are uni-directional they will have an RF or LF on the side for right front and left front.
Maybe you got 2 right fronts/rears

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
milfered...I have a set of 25" Mudlites that I ran for about 6 months then bought the 26" Lites. I am very happy with the performance and wear of the 26" Mudlites, what I am not happy about is their actual height. That is why I want a set of 26" Bighorns because they will actually measure 26".

My 25" Lites and stock 25" Dunflops both measured in about 24 1/2". The only reason I kept my 25" Lites is because I have a 3 year warranty and it is best to have stock size tires when trying to get warranty work performed. So far I have only had it back to the stealer once to have the right rear axle replaced under warranty.

Starky... The Bighorns do not have any directional indicators on them at all. I'm going to order a set of 26" and before I mount them I will see if the white comes off with something and if not just mount the white letters inside.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Would a black sharpie do the job? If not, that black shoe dye for covering scuffed leather that has a dauber on the bottle....Not shoe polish.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I had my 25" Bighorns put on the dealer asked if I wanted the letters in or out.So it seems it doesn't matter. After 3.900 miles on them ya can't much notice the white letters much anyhow.

It will be interesting to see how many more miles they'y go. I'm thinking at least another 3 or 4.000 for sure. The front still looks like new.

A great all around tire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm told Bighorns come with a dot on the sidewall to indicate how to orient the tire according to the valvestem to run them balanced. Want to watch for that too.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Pauly I used my first set of Bighorns for 7500km. on the tread of the bighorn there is a V cut into the tread. When the V is gone you must replace the tyre. at that point you will still have about an inch of tread left!!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can mount them with the white letter in, I did it on my other quad and it is just the same. The bighorns actually run 1" bigger than the size you buy, the 26" bighorns measure out to 27" . My 25'w measure 26". and my 27"s measure 28"

·
Registered
92 Posts
I couldn't stand my white letters on my camo quad no more, so I painted over them with Krylon Flat Black for the camo colors they sell. It blended perfectly on mine! Looks wayyy better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts