Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to owning quads and just purchased a 2005 Grizzly 660. It been kept in great shape from what i can see, however, i brought it home, rode it around, noticed the fuel light was blinking so i filled it up. The light is still blinking and in attempts to figure out why fuel isn't getting to where it needs to go, it now wont start. I feel as though the engine isn't getting the fuel it needs. Any suggestions? Im hoping its just a rookie mistake and a simple fix. No leaks anywhere that i can see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im new to owning quads and just purchased a 2005 Grizzly 660. It been kept in great shape from what i can see, however, i brought it home, rode it around, noticed the fuel light was blinking so i filled it up. The light is still blinking and in attempts to figure out why fuel isn't getting to where it needs to go, it now wont start. I feel as though the engine isn't getting the fuel it needs. Any suggestions? Im hoping its just a rookie mistake and a simple fix. No leaks anywhere that i can see.
Probably two unrelated issues. Blinking fuel light is probably a faulty fuel sender inside the tank. I had to replace same on my 2005 Grizzly. Part# 5KM-85752-00-00. The fuel issue needs to start w the line to the carburetor. Make sure there are no clogs or kinks in the line. If you are getting fuel to the carb it might need cleaning or replacing. Make sure battery is fully charged. Sometimes choke cable goes bad too. Good luck’

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I took off the fuel line after the petcock and checked the fuel flow. There wasn't a problem there once I turned it back on. So looking into the carburetor is the next check. I also had someone suggest the fuel sending unit, so I'll look into that as well.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts