Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Radial by FAR ! Thats why you don't see bias on cars any more.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Radial by FAR ! Thats why you don't see bias on cars any more.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My understanding is "Bias" has a harder sidewall and gives a harder ride and also less body roll. Radial is more "spongy" or plush and give a very comfortable ride. A Radial tyre "widens" its track under load or pressure, a bias does not!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
coach0, if you want the "body roll" to go, then the way to do it is will spacers on all wheels! (if you do not have aftermarket, offset rims)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
CG, lets hear your take on body roll. I bet it has nothing to do with quads.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Coach

TO lessen body roll I did the following in the following order. (I learned it all on this web site).

1- Changed the spring load to 3 in the front and 4 in the back. I know that it is a pain to change. But, that is the cheapest, best thing that I have done. (I had seen your posting asking about changing the loading)

2- Widened the stance...Some like the spacers like "Beast" above. Some like the wider wheels. I Went with the ITP C Series, Type 7 wheels. Two sets of spacers were about the price of two wheels. So I opted for a little bling.

3- Change the tires. I went with the Big horn radial tires.

Good luck on the changes. DGR

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes I could tell a diference in my tires... But I put them on at the same time I put on the wheels. So it is hard to tell if it was the wheels or the tires that made the most difference. DGR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts