Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke my first set of c.v joints, rear left and front left broke. Just wondering if anyone has tried or succeded in getting warranty on these parts. is this something that is going to happen every time i go ride.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Already? What were you doing when they broke? I doubt warranty will cover them with all those mods. If you have your stock tires and wheels I would put them back on first. It all depends on what you tell them you were doing and whether they believe you or not? It sounds like you need some Gorilla axles for your riding style? Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
339 Posts
It all depends on your stealer...like Irv said put 25" tires back on and then take it back but once they see the pipe they may not do it.

I have had one replaced under warranty and all I did was put a det of 25" tires on to take it in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before i took my bike in i talked to my buddy who works at my dealer. I asked him if i should take the tires off or not. I explained to him that when i bought the bike, and the tires from them. the day i picked the bike up the tires were on the clutch kit was installed and was told nothing about any of these parts voiding warranty. If this bike is not covered by warranty as soon as i get it back it will be sold. and i will not buy another yamaha ever and i have informed my dealer of this. I think that Yamaha should buck up or buck off.

When i was crossing a little water i got hung up in someones ruts.(water 3/4 way over tire.) I then put the bike in reverse, tried to back up but still hung up. So i locked the diff and started to back up and rock the quad some more. It was coming out and then bang only the two wheels on the right hand side were turning.
By the way this thing is useless when in this 2 wheel drive.

Let you know more when i hear back from the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way this is after only 860 Kms or 540 miles
and this quad has never been jumped and was not being abused when this happend

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't think it matters what kind of quad you buy, most manufacturers will not warranty anything with mods. Your dealer should have told you this before he installed everything. GM, Ford and most other car/truck manufacturers would not cover warranty work with after market mods either. When you think about it you can't blame them.

Any quad with your set up will break parts if you are heavy on the gas, those big tires have a lot of rotating mass and if you suddenly catch a root or a rock something is going to give, it happens to big 4x4 trucks, mudboggers, mud drag racers etc.

I would like to see what you are going through if your having a hard time in 2 wheel drive? If the grizzly is having a hard time so will any other quad especially with those tires! Good Luck and I hope you get things fixed up under warranty but if word gets out then ever swinging dick who has ever broken anything on their grizz will come knocking on your dealers door.........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had great back up and warranty support from Yamaha when my axles were popping. I have seen a written instruction to all Yamaha dealers stating that axles and CV's are NOT covered for any wheels over the 25" standard size!!
Your dealer should have warned you of this. You may have clain against him,but not against Yamaha!

·
Registered
162 Posts
i would like to see what you are going through ...i could out bog most people in two wheel drive ...must be some nasty stuff your going through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts