Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sure, if all you are doing is trail riding. You can break axles with a smaller tires if you are hard on your quad. You can catch a root, rock or rut when your right onto the gas and catch any of those and break an axle. Ususally the bigger the tire the greater the weight and rolling resistence makes it easier to break them though. It all depends on your riding style and how aggressive you are with the go lever?..........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Bootstrap, what kind of riding are you going to be doing? They're going to kill your power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starky the riding we do in alberta is there is alot of muskeg holes that get trenched out. from all the quads going through them. Other than that we ride cut lines.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Take a look at the EPI web site for clutch kits. You may want the Utility series clutch. You'll lose about 1/3 of your top end but you will be able to turn those 28s pretty good just be carefull of your axles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
is it a drastic change after u put the clutch in? i meen both ways, do u lose ALOT of topend or just a lil? u said a 1/3 so is ur top speed gonna drop a few mph or like 10? on the other hand, will u gain ALOT of bottom end like stump pulling power or something ur might or might not even feel?..........sorry, if i interupted here but im in the clutch and tire dilema here myself.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
I lost 3 mph tops when I put the kit in but getting there is alot quicker.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
gotagriz, which kit did you go with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
its in the sig epi, and i can do wheelies with my 26 lites in hi range. I love this kit. best bang for the buck so far....by far.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Which EPI clutch kit gotagriz? They have 2 or 3 for the Grizz depending on your tire size. Did you ever try the Dalton or know of any comparisons between the two?......Irv

·
Registered
7 Posts
when I got the kit I only knew of two the one I have and the extreem and I can't remember if it was for bigger than 28 or 28 and bigger tires. All I know about the dalton is it does not replace the springs in the wet clutch or the seconday clutch just the springs and weights inthe primary.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
i run 28's with a clutch kit and can't wait to break an axle ( tying since 03 ). then i can get the 5.5" gorilla lift kit ( includes axles )

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Just remember, you may want to return it to stock to sell it and you are going to need that axle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts