Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a champion 200lb winch for Christmas today. Does anyone know where i can find a winch mounting plate to fit my 2003 Grizzly 660? Also has anyone ever heard of a Champion winch and know if it is worth keeping? Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
i dont know if anouther mount will work without some alterations

i havnt heard of that brand,but i dont see why you shouldnt use it,i would if i were you

if you cant find a mounting kit for that brand specifically,what i would do is order a Warn mounting kit,and if you need to just drill a couple new holes to bolt it on

all of the electrical comes with the winch,so if you have to just make anouther mount work,it may still bolt right up,you never know

the roller fairlead comes with the mounting kit,so if you get the whole kit,dont think you still have to get one

·
Registered
462 Posts
i reread that and it may be a little confusing,,,,im a lil tired

if you have to buy a non specific kit for that brand of winch,,,the mounting kit WILL mount to your bike just fine,,,,mounting the WINCH to the mounting plate may need some alterations to make it work

if this is the case i would try the WARN mounting kit,for the reason being is that the Warn winch is probably the most common,and you will have a better chance of a differant brand winch mounting to it,because the one you have may have been fashioned to be like the Warn,,,,its still a roll of the dice

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
You must mean a 2,000 lb winch. If it's a 200 lb winch it couldn't even drag me off a bar stool.

The Warn kit I got with my winch had holes for other winches as well. You can also buy a universal mount that accepts many different kinds of winches.

Winches are only made by a few different companies and then sold to other companies to put their label on. More than likely it is the same as a Superwinch or one of those brands. Once you find out which company made it, you can use their parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts