Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here so please bare with me. Can someone tell me how much grease to put in my primary clutch? When I took it apart there was grease all the way around the inside of the clutch to the thickness of touching the cam plate edge. This is the way it came from the factory. I went to Texmudder's site and looked at his tech. tip and he says to put a tablespoon of grease in each weight slot but like I said mine had grease in every slot on the inside of the clutch. If I put it in each weight slot will it spred evenly around the clutch when I run it or should I put it in every slot there is. Also is there such a thing as putting to much in? Thanks for each and all replies.

Thank you again,
RAM

·
Registered
289 Posts
mine was the same way, you can put in all you want, but it will only sling off anyway, I followed tex mudders site and put in the tablespoon in each slot. Some say you need to use waterproof grease from Yamaha, I would question why you get water in there and you need to clean it and regrease it anyway. I used plain old lithium grease.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes you can put to much in! If you put to much in it will sling out onto your sheaves and belt making them slip. Just go with a small tablespoon of grease in each slot and it will be just fine. As a tip I put some in the slot before adding the weight then more grease behind the weight to help hold it in place during assembly.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Don't use anything but Grizzly Grease, i am sure texmudders site will say the same. Guys have used different types but they are redoing there clutches way to often. I read a lot of differnt forums and they all say the same, use Yamaha Grizz grease? And no, i don't have a cent invested in Yamaha! I know it is expensive but a tub should last you for 2 grease jobs. Check out atvtime.com grizzlyinfo.com atvfrontier.com outlawatvclub.com They will all say the same thing in there somewhere. DKNARD's info is bang on, exactly what you should do. Good luck.........Irv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts