Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend we want to check the clutch and Belt (got some water and mud into the case a few times) What brand of grease do you use (we might have to re-grease) and what else should I look for.? Kodiak and Grizzly should be about the same.....Thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Little Kodi, the only grease that works from what i have heard and read is grizzly grease from Yamaha. I read quite a few other websites and anybody who has tried different greases always goes back to grizzgrease? I guess Yamaha has a secret ingredient that no one else can match? It is quite expensive, about $30 bucks for a tub/tube but it should be good for a couple of grease jobs. I am told about a tablespoon per roller/weight, not any more or it will just fling off? Check out highlifter.com there is lots of info in there about it. Good luck.....Irv

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
I just bought a tub of it today. While I've always heard it referred to as Grizzly Grease, the tub says Ultamatic grease. If you explain to the dealer what you want to make slippery, they should point you in the right direction. Prices must be cheaper here in the U.S. My tub cost $15 plus tax here in New York State.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Bob they brsnd the tube Grizzly Grease and the tup Ultramatic Grease

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Thanx Beast; why on earth would they do that though???? If it came in a five gallon barrel, would they call it Yamagrease???? Perhaps en eyedropper full is Badgergrease...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is the grizzly grease in the tube the same thing as the ultramatic grease? or is the grizzly grease grease in the tube meant for a grease gun and to be used for the suspension grease fittings?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
No its the same stuff packaged in different containers

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/accessories/100/acc-ultra-gr-se-100.jpg&imgrefurl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts