Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my unit back from the dealer, I did not have time to put clutch kit in myself . I can not feel any diffrence with the new clutch, is there any way to tell if they put the clutch in or not ,the reason i ask they left off 3 or more things that they charged me for ..i had a buddy that put the same clutch in and we could feel a big diffrence ..

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If you have 28" tires and you can't feel any diferance I would say no they didn't install it. Did you ask for the stock clutch back?

·
Registered
382 Posts
that wouldve been a good thing to keep in mind, asking for your old clutch back...never know what you might need from it later and proves they did install the new one. I saw on one of the Yammy sites a step by step for replacing that clutch...didnt look to hairy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did ask for the old one ,they said they got ride of it when cleaning up..I have a bad feeling that they charged me to install it and a new belt and i still have my old stuff...the reason why i like to do my own work!!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
most places will thrash the old parts unless you ask for them, the rate they swap stuff out they would run outta room holding onto everything and those guys prob work on commision so they're trying to get your machine in an out fast as poss...assuming you went to a reputable shop Im sure they put the new one in but if not, who knows....once I paid a "reputable" shop to r&r one of my driveshafts in my Honda, they did a crappy job for the money so I just learned how to do it myself, only takes about 30 min for the job and I know its done right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we live and learn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of paying for my education thanx for the help

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
GA Griz, in my last post I was going to say that the rip off shops will always say they "threw the old parts away" when you ask for them back but I wanted to see what your answer was. I think you've been ripped off. If it were me, I would take it to another shop and have another mechanic verify what clutch is in your machine. If it's still the stock one you have a lawsuit going in your favor and I'm sure the second shop would be more than happy to support your claim against the first.
A reputable shop will always give your old parts back to you or at least ask you if you want them back expecially if all you are doing is replacing a stock part with an aftermarket part. That stock clutch is worth a mint compared to the aftermarket one, there is no way they threw it away.
A good lesson for everybody else is to always tell the mechanic that you want all your old parts back and have then write it on the work order.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the reason i think they may have chunked it is, i also asked for my stock exhaust and the guy had to get it out of the dumpster..i will take your advise and take it to another dealer i'll keep you posted

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Seems like they would have thrown all the parts in the same dumpster. If they got your pipe back, why not the clutch.
Hope it works out, I hate crooked mechanics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts