Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a dalton clutch kit for my 05 grizzly. after reading the directions i figured i could do this. so i get the primary off and change out the rollers my grizz is pretty new so the grease was clean if that is possible but there was no grease in the tracks of the rollers it was all nice and neat on the walls of the primary i assume cause of centrifugal force so just swapped the rollers out and popped them back in the tracks and put everything back nice and neat i did not add grease to the tracks is something i should have done? but my major delima is the secondary how do i get that thing off? i tried holding and standing on the brake but could not do it do i need an impact to give it the initial jolt to break it loose? any help would be appreciated on getting the secondary off i have read that i could compress the spring by hand. help me!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
will this help you?

http://www.totallyamaha.com/atvs/tech/clutch/GrizMainClutch.htm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks does not say how to get the secondary off but i called the yamaha shop and they said just hit it with a impact gun and it is enough to break the nut loose i just got to figure out how to compress that spring but i think i can still do it.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Be carefull with that spring. That is the reason I took mine to the shop. I can just picture that thing stuck in my forhead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea so i got this stupid secondary off and for the life of me can not figure out to get the stupid spring off or the nut a tad loose like the directions say guess i will be going down to Yamaha today and hopefully they will not make me pay out the ass for it.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If all you do is have them replace the spring don't let them charge you the full price for swapping out the clutch. They may try and tell you a price because that is what the book says they have to charge.
Think about taking it to a snowmobile place. It's basically the same typ of clutch and they may be more helpfull than the Yamaha guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ended up buying the compression tool, figured having all the right parts would be a great start. Worked great right up to the point of needing the 27mm deep socket for the wet clutch then got stuck there. Couldn't find a bloody 27 deep in the whole town. I guess when I move in a month I can finish the job plus new clutch plates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts