Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Has anyone out there machined the face of their clutch? If so which one primary? secondary? or both. How much gets machined off? What kind of difference can be expected from this mod? I don't want to machine too much off and bugger things up. Does this affect anything?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have read of a few people doing this to their primary sheaves but just can't recall who it was. Check Grizzhoppers site and see if you can message him from their, he may remember who has done this and some more info.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Look at this site-http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com/clearancedetails_1738_1.aspx ----I have heard that they machine the slots that the weights travel along. I could be wrong though, most people machine the face of the clutch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had the slots machined that the weights go on by hauck power sports cost 100 bucks

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
MadGrizz, now the question is does it work and what did it do for performance?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes worked great got about 6 mph on top end with 26" mudlite xtr's

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wa wondering if you knew the spec on that machining, How much did he take off? The reason I was asking is because I was thinking of doing it to mine and need to get the actual numbers to get the machinist to do it. thanks for any info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts