Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Grizzly 660 and ive recently been having issues with the radiator hoses bursting, I didn't know I had to top off the rad with coolant then let it run to until it drops then add more till it stops dropping. Long story short after replacing the water pump and adding a rad relocate I finally allowed the system to "burp" removing all air from the system. I also filled the overflow tank to the full line. I took the bike for a test run before putting it back together and noticed it was dripping coolant out of the upper tube that connects to the overflow tank. When I would give full throttle and let off it would gush coolant out of the same tube. Im extremely worried because ive read other forums and people point straight to the head gasket (I don't have the money to take the bike to a shop nor am I mechanically inclined to change the head gasket) when I opened the rad cap after I noticed it was leaking, I noticed the level dropped (obviously due to the leak) and it was bubbling very slightly. I know that is a symptom of a head gasket blown but maybe it is bubbling because there was previously a lot of air in the system? the bubbles aren't very big as ive seen in most videos they are very small but constant. almost like soapy water when you test a leak on a tire. Im extremely stumped and any help would be much appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts