Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the factory sites a comparison of the tires for the rear of the grizzly
Stock tires 24.41 high 9.4 wide weight 17lbs
ACT radials in 25 inch size 25.5 high 10.5 wide weight 24.8lbs.
The radials overall are 1.09 inches taller which will give you about 1/2 inch more ground clearance, I dont think you would need a clutch kit, the 26 inch radials are 1.79 inches taller than stock which gives me .895 inches of additional ground clearance, for my style of riding I haven't noticed a real loss of power, besides there is low range for the slow or techinical stuff, it has enough for me, but, I have noticed an increased amount of traction in the dirt. They did correct some of the speedo error that the griz has in stock form. Of course the numbers are subjective, tire inflation and rim width will make a differnce in overall height. So far I am pleased with them.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
thanks dannyk,,,,, mine will be here monday,,,, ,, I still havent figured out why they cant make a accurate speedometer,,,, but I use a gps unit anyway,,,, I think I am just a click away from ordering a hmf pipe for mine,,, ****, bought it for work,,,, now all this,,,,, ,,,, anyway, I should have some pics of the tires and wheels up monday night,, the wheels I ordered are real close to what I run on my toyota,,,, might have to get a pic of them side by side,,,, ,,, thanks again for the info, ,, ,, ,, , cg

·
Registered
701 Posts
I LOVE IT!!! CG. you the man. I remember when first posted here with your stock Grizz. You must add something new everyweek! I do like your mounting system for moving the winch to the front and the back! Very cool.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
thanks doolin,,, moving the winch to the back made a whole new machine out of it,,, the plate I made to mount it to is real heavy and combined with the warn bumper and the ft. basket and all the other stuff I carry the steering was real heavy,,,, with it on the back it is back to normal and a good wheelie machine,,,,, it will set up in the air now,,,when I got it I bought a little trailer just haul it to the field and back, , now I have also had to mod. the trailer, (had to make it wider),,,,,with the winch on the back I also dont have to get the tow rope out,, Im always hooking on to pull pipe or something to the shop and now I can just freespool a little line out and hook it up,,, lots handier,,,, but I still keep thinking one of these days I will quit wanting to add stuff to it,,,, no one told me it was like haveing a harley,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Registered
701 Posts
I get jealous seeing all the goodies, whether i want them or not. All I have for my quad is a cargo box, tires, spacers, a plow, and heated grips.

So you made the front and rear winch mounts?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
the ft. was real easy,, so was the back,, when I get time I will post pics,,, they might me on here somewhere, or I might have deleted them because of picture space,,,,,,If your interested I will just make a new thread or I can email you some pics if you want,,, ,,, it also helps get it up out of the mud and water a little bit,,,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,cg

I just checked and under modifications there are some pics of the rear,,,let me know if you are interested and I will post some pics of the ft. there,,, cg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts