Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time writing, long time reading...

I finally picked up my first Grizzly (04 used). I've upgraded from an 01 Warrior.

From reading the other posts, it looks like I need a new rear CV. Quadcrazy described my problem : ' when I would back up it made a clicking noise, then I noticed that going forward it made the same clicking noise when I turned to the right.'

I did look into where you put the fluid and the gears looked pretty good...they were wet (with oil). The CV boot also had a slit in it.

I have not been able to find anyone say how hard / complicated it is to do by yourself? Can anyone give me an approx. time it would take and complexity? I would consider myself mechanically inclined. I'm just trying to make a decision on whether I should attempt or just take it to a shop.

My other question is:

1. Do you have to do both right and left? (or providing you use the same brand, are you able to do just one side?)

If I decide to have Yamaha put it on, I wonder if they would install a Gorilla or if they have to install there own???

Thanks,
h_pipe

·
Registered
11 Posts
depending what boot is bad you might have to take it all aprt usually take me about 45 mintues to an hour to replace a front or rear cv boot. if it is the one at the diff then you just have to take it apart if it the bottom one you have to take the the top on eoff and then remove the bottom one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
go to www.cvman.com he sells replacment parts as you need them I searched and searched for someone just like this. Yamaha told me you cant just buy the parts you need they told me the only way fix it was to buy the whole axel NOT TRUE. see these people axels are pretty easy if its the inner boot that was tore you can fix it for about 65.00$ by just replacing the beerings and coller. If you have any questions just ask me

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
hpipe,

My experience (had my rear CV fail 3 times, see old "axles popped" posts) is, both should be done at the same time. When Yamaha tried one only, the other popped out 2 weeks later!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts