Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see how the Beast is doing at the shop, They are going to change the CV's again and the centre Diff Gears this time.

Any of you who have seen the components will see the design flaw.

The centre diff gear, where the CV's click into, have a tapered lip, in order to let the Cv come out easier!

This lip should be machined to 90 degrees and not 45 degrees.

The other problem is that the circlip recesses into a square recess as oposed to a circular recess, hence the CV's pop out.

If this has not happened to you yet, it is most likely that either...

You do not drive on uneven sufaces with holes at speeds less than 10km/h.

You have had it blamed on aftermarket tyres and rims.

Hold thumbs!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I ride mine on the motocross track a lot. I immagine if anything was going to pop out it probably would have.
When it does pop out, is it something you can push back in and continue riding or does stuff have to be torn apart to get it back in.
It sounds like a dislocated shoulder where once it happens it's easier for it to happen again.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I mostly ride slow on very rocky uneven surfaces and haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood!). I am still using the stock rims, but new tires.

Are they putting in a new set of the same gears you described as flawed or a different set?

Jim

·
Registered
224 Posts
No problems at all here...I ride very extreme conditions with T5 rims and mudlite 26" tires. I am usually locked or in low range. I am lucky to get the bike to 8MPH in a hour time frame...

Maybe I am just lucky...but nothing bad yet.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are replacing with the same OEM parts as before. Although you could in theory push the CV's back in, I would not ride like that because the diff oil would be empty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts