Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think the overheating damaged my new grizzly at all? Would it do any damage to the engine? If the dealer can fix it should I keep it? I'm still deciding.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
not sure on the damage to the engine, but it couldnt be good on it,,, at the least I think I would try to get a extra 6 months warranty in case it turns out to be a oil burner,,,,, not to sure how far you are from mississippi, but you might look in to www.lakehillmotors.com it is in corinth miss.,,, they are listing 06 grizzlys for $6299.00 and I know that they ship them also,,, not sure if there is the prep charge and all that on them, but I dont think there is,,,,,,,good luck,,,,,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem. Sounds like it could be the thermostat or maybe not enough coolan in the radiator. So far I haven't had any problems with my 04 and I'm hoping I don't have any problems with the 05.
I would say switch to a coolant like Engine Ice, but it sure sounds like you may have a circulation problem. When you get it back if it still overheats I would give it back to them and look for another one.

Other than the overheating, how did you like it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The owner of the dealership is givine me a 1 year free warranty plus the 6 month warranty! So I guess I will keep it! Lakehill Motors is 362 miles away! So that's too far to drive plus the gas prices! Lakehill Motors said I would have to pay tax in my state! The guys at the dealership are going over the Grizzly with a fine tooth comb to see if it damaged the engine but they fixed the problem it was a faulty sensor on the fan or something like that!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
sounds good,,,, the year warranty will kinda give you a little peace of mind,,,,ask them if the temp light will ever come on when the key is first turned on to make sure it is working,,,,, I disconnected my sending unit and the light came on so the led is good,,, the fan comes on so i figure it is good,,, just looks like there would be some indication that it is working,,, think im going to invest in a temp guage,,,,,,,,,,have fun with the grizz,,, cg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.