Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the overheating damaged my new grizzly at all? Would it do any damage to the engine? If the dealer can fix it should I keep it? I'm still deciding.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
not sure on the damage to the engine, but it couldnt be good on it,,, at the least I think I would try to get a extra 6 months warranty in case it turns out to be a oil burner,,,,, not to sure how far you are from mississippi, but you might look in to www.lakehillmotors.com it is in corinth miss.,,, they are listing 06 grizzlys for $6299.00 and I know that they ship them also,,, not sure if there is the prep charge and all that on them, but I dont think there is,,,,,,,good luck,,,,,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
just rechecked www.lakehillmotors.com site,,,,, they do not deliver but the price is out the door and out of state does not pay tax,,,, might save enough to drive if it aint too far,,,,,,,cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem. Sounds like it could be the thermostat or maybe not enough coolan in the radiator. So far I haven't had any problems with my 04 and I'm hoping I don't have any problems with the 05.
I would say switch to a coolant like Engine Ice, but it sure sounds like you may have a circulation problem. When you get it back if it still overheats I would give it back to them and look for another one.

Other than the overheating, how did you like it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The owner of the dealership is givine me a 1 year free warranty plus the 6 month warranty! So I guess I will keep it! Lakehill Motors is 362 miles away! So that's too far to drive plus the gas prices! Lakehill Motors said I would have to pay tax in my state! The guys at the dealership are going over the Grizzly with a fine tooth comb to see if it damaged the engine but they fixed the problem it was a faulty sensor on the fan or something like that!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
sounds good,,,, the year warranty will kinda give you a little peace of mind,,,,ask them if the temp light will ever come on when the key is first turned on to make sure it is working,,,,, I disconnected my sending unit and the light came on so the led is good,,, the fan comes on so i figure it is good,,, just looks like there would be some indication that it is working,,, think im going to invest in a temp guage,,,,,,,,,,have fun with the grizz,,, cg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts