Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the best way to remove the factory decals? HooPharted inspired me to change the look of my grizz I hate having anything stock

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Mine came off very easy with a Hair Dryer, i just got a corner started with a utility knive blade and moved the heat back and forth with out leaving it in one spot to long and they peeled right off. It was real easy. Watch the heat!Good luck........Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
hair dryer sounds like a good idea,but i didnt have one,,,so i just used my finger nail,got a corner started,and peeled it off

you want to take you time,its easier to do if you keep it in one piece

i just bought some pearl clear coat to seal them on,its made for RC cars,,,,,im going to do a test run on a scratched up cover this weekend (finally get a whole one off,been REAL busy at work)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies,think I'll try to take them off this weekend if I get the chanc. Hoo that sounds like a good idea let me know how it works if you would

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My pressure hose take off all the decals I DO NOT WANT REMOVED!!!
So my guess is, try your pressure hose!! LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
thats weird,my stock decals have gone through alot of pressure washing,and none have come off,,,except the warning stickers on the rear rack

my best friends ole lady bought a brand new 500 Scrambler this summer,and the first time she used my pressure washer,she lost half the decals on one side of her tank in one swipe,,,,im gonna redue her bike for her,shes crazy about how mine turned out

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The preasure washer will take some stickers right off and others it woun't touch. A heat gun or hair dryer should loosen the glue so you can peel them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts