Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you carry a spare tire and wheel on long trips into remote areas, especially if you travel alone?

If so, what do you use as a lightweight jack or stand to carry with you?

Or do you just winch the front or rear end up to change the flat if an acceptible "deadman" hitch point is available?

Or do you just carry Slime and a portable compressor?

I will often travel on remote roads cherry-stemmed into wilderness and there are many sharp rocks and thorns to cause flats.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I just carry a co2 air inflation kit and tire plugs. With these plugs (strings) I have repaired 3" tears in sidewalls and many other holes in tubeless tires, including my truck. I have yet to come upon any leak that somehow couldn't be repaired with this kit. The co2 is quick too, so getting a tire to bead is a little easier. I repaired a 2" sidewall slash on a rental quad 2 years ago and I seen it the other day and guess what, the plugs were still there and the tire holding air.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I carry a repair kit with plugs and a 12v portable compressor. Also when the tyres were new I put slime in, to prevent small holes!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I carry the exact same kit as addicted plus with my 589's if I get a flat I can ride back to the truck no problem so I am told? One of the benefits of using 589's I guess?.........Irv

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the good ideas and also for that photo you posted addicted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I carry the repair kit with CO2, another basic repair kit and a couple of valves. Also keep a small air compressor in the bag. On long trips like week+ hunting trips I do bring along one of the stock rear tires mounted on a wheel just in case, it is left on the trailer and would flag down another rider/hunter to run me back if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts